Director, Data and Analytics
Director, Data and Analytics
See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, twelve years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list eight times. Plus, we were voted by our Chicagoland team as a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace in 2020.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our virtual tour and culture!
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
As our Director, of Analytics (internally known as Director, Data Detectives) you will lead and motivate a team of analysts and data stewards focused on the delivery of analyses, data driven process improvements, and reporting. As the leader of our Data Analytics team, you’ll be known as an “internal consultant” collaborating with department leaders to shape strategic direction, uncover key opportunities, and proactively solve complex challenges critical to our growth and profitability.
A Typical Day
- Lead and direct efforts to innovate business intelligence system capabilities, processes, databases and dashboards
- Partner with business unit leaders to design and implement solutions to measure performance against strategic initiatives, identify emerging trends andensure internal deadlines are met across the organization
- Enhance the interconnectivity of large data subsets via ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes
- Motivate and build a team of “data detectives” to proactively deliver insights throughout the business.
To Land This Opportunity
- You have 4+ years of data analysis experience with increasing responsibility
- You have 2+ years managing an analytics function for a mid to large size organization
- You are a data detective with top-notch communication, known for collaborating and your ability to communicate complex data trends to various audiences
- You are knowledgeable in database, data integration, and data visualization solutions
- You consider yourself a guru on managing business intelligence software(s) and deploying best practice data governance principles (Qlik Sense Data Architect Certification and/or Business Analyst Certification highly preferred)
- You seamlessly manage multiple priorities and use tools to solve ad-hoc challenges
- You demonstrate a proven track record of delivering results while coaching and facilitating others in solving complex problems
About Your Future Team
Our Data Detectives Team is pretty serious about team lunches, decorating desks to celebrate birthdays & milestone anniversaries. We’ve been known to organize intense competitions (high stakes Monopoly game matches, companywide ping pong tournaments, etc) - If you like to compete you’ll fit right in!
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.