Chief Marketing Officer
ON24 is on a mission to transform the way marketers’ market, powering the live, always-on and personalized experiences that businesses need to create engagement, deliver data, find demand and drive revenue. Through the ON24 Platform, marketers can build data-rich, interactive webinars and content experiences, understand audience behavior and turn that intelligence into action. Informed by more than a billion engagement minutes -- including 12 million polls, 1.3 million surveys, 1.5 million conversations, and conversion of over 17 million resources -- marketers drive more revenue from ON24 experiences than any other digital channel. Headquartered in San Francisco, ON24 has a wide global footprint with eight offices in key regions, including London, Munich, Singapore, Stockholm and Sydney.
ON24 is seeking a Chief Marketing Officer to help shape and tell this story at scale. Our CMO will work side by side with CEO Sharat Sharan and the rest of executive team in driving all aspects of marketing
(product marketing, brand, communications, AR/PR, content creation, and all of digital and modern demand generation marketing). This leader will be tasked with building and managing an exceptional marketing organization capable of driving a new level of visibility and awareness for ON24 and its products. Our CMO will leverage this awareness to help define and shape not only this company’s go-to-market strategy but also the growing
digital experience category.
- Own all aspects of a global marketing organization from demand generation, growth, product marketing, corporate marketing, brand, AR/PR, etc.
- Drive operational excellence. At ON24’s scale and current growth rate, making marketing a well-oiled global machine is absolutely critical.
- Tell the ON24 story. Define a narrative that amplifies the digital experience category and position ON24 as the undisputed leader of this category.
- Effectively convey ON24’s differentiation in the market based on a thorough understanding of the needs of its customers and the competitive landscape.
- Develop and deliver messaging that elevates above the technology story into the articulation of C-level business value.
- Build an efficient, metrics-driven demand generation machine. Generate leads at scale.
- Be a face of ON24. Act as one of the key outward faces of the company in both the customer and analyst communities.
- Recruit, build, and motivate a high-quality global marketing organization. Empower the team to grow and thrive. Develop a winning culture that supports high-energy interaction, responsiveness, attentiveness, and high integrity.
- Fully understand the ON24 business, the opportunities in front of it, and the market dynamics that govern it in order to identify growth opportunities within enterprise customers.
- Partner closely with sales, customer success, and the SDR organization to provide and gather insights on customer requirements and to develop messaging surrounding the enterprise market.
- Partner with senior management, particularly CEO, Sharat Sharan, to promote and communicate the ON24 brand, products, and value proposition.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated leadership in running global enterprise marketing teams for a variety of audiences and a broad solution portfolio.
- A strategic thinker capable of managing all aspects of marketing and setting the overall direction for the marketing organization.
- Deep experience in building and running a modern, complex demand generation organization.
- Strong experience in product marketing - synthesizing customer/market research to develop messaging, positioning, and packaging for B2B products.
- An analytical leader who is metrics and KPI-driven.
- A high horsepower executive who leads from the front.
- You’re naturally curious and have a passion for technology. You can dive in and use innovative next generation platforms and tactics to tell the next phase of the ON24 story.
- You bring a creative yet pragmatic approach to marketing and problem-solving. You’re credible but can also foster big ideas. You paint the vision and own it.
- Success as a leader and manager. Strength in hiring great people. You’ve built high-performance teams and have a network that can be leveraged. You’re a world class talent scout and coach.
- Experience scaling a SaaS business over $200M in revenue.
- Must have managed a team greater than 40 people.
- A 4-year Bachelor's degree. An MBA is preferred.
Perks & Benefits:
- Health benefits designed to fit the needs of you and your family — including medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous PTO policy and wellness days to log off and recharge
- 11 paid company holidays for US-based employees + 1 Floating Holiday + 2 Floating Wellness days
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Reimbursements covering home office expenses, cell phone use, weekly team lunches, and classes for professional and personal development
- Fitness and wellness perks including ClassPass and discounted memberships with 24 Hour Fitness
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records