Senior Director of Revenue
We are looking for a detail-oriented, hands-on, results-driven individual with proven communication skills and a strong work ethic to work in a challenging, fast-paced, energetic environment with responsibilities that include SaaS revenue recognition, developing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures, accounting research, technical position papers, project accounting, system enhancement/automation projects, process implementation, financial audit, month-end close, flux and ad-hoc analysis, etc. This person will be involved in completing the implementation of RevPro (ongoing). The successful candidate must work well in a team environment while being a resourceful, independent self-starter, and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Lead review of customer contracts to ensure consistent application of revenue recognition policies in accordance with GAAP.
- Partner with Sales, Sales Operations, Order Management and Legal during contract negotiations and provide suggestions and assistance in revenue recognition optimization.
- Lead the periodic updates to SSP analysis of historical sales activities for purposes of proper revenue allocation to multiple element arrangements.
- Manage system automation and implementation projects.
- Lead the month-end close deliverables and review journal entries, account reconciliations, and fluctuation analyses.
- Prepare technical revenue memos and interface with the Company's external auditors efficiently and effectively.
- Manage the quarterly reviews and external audits with precision and timely delivery or audit requests.
- Collaborate with FP&A and Sales to improve visibility to revenue recognition issues or changes that impact forecast precision.
- Develop training material and provide ongoing training to cross-functional organizations such as Sales, Sales Operations, Order Management, Legal, Professional Services, Customer Support, Business Development and Engineering on revenue related matters.
- Lead the development, documentation and implementation of internal controls surrounding the quote-to-cash process.
- Assist with or lead ad-hoc reporting requests and projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required. Big 4 experience and CPA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience within revenue accounting and operations.).
- Experience with public software and SaaS companies.
- Strong experience in revenue accounting transformation, system migrations, and new system implementations.
- Experience with Salesforce and Net Suite required. Experience with Rev Pro strongly preferred.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing customer orders and contracts and related documentation to identify revenue-related issues for proper accounting treatment.
- Detailed knowledge of ASC 606 and relevant current accounting rules relating to software, SaaS, and services revenue recognition.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with all levels and cross-functionally within the company.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized individual with the ability to manage multiple assignments and work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to expand job responsibilities, suggest improvements, and collaborate with others to generate ideas to improve processes.
- A proven leader in training and developing high-performing teams; a proactive leader and effective coach committed to the development and engagement of their team.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment across different geographies.
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.