Staff Engineer - Data Engineering - Insights
We are looking for Staff engineer to join the Discovery engine team and design and implement the next-gen features. The next-gen features can involve projects such as providing insights based on cross customer analytics, best practices recommendations based on workload, and extending discoveries to other products across the Nutanix product suite. The candidate will have an opportunity to be an early engineer in the discovery engine team being setup in India and ensure it works well in conjunction with the team in the US. The candidate will work with the SREs, Product Managers and other product teams to refine the scope of these wide ranging and challenging problems and propose creative solutions for the same. The candidate will design the solutions and drive implementation of the various features in the product. The candidate will also have to work on data transformations and work on other frameworks to ensure the data used for various features are usable and sanitized.
- Design and develop the next generation of features for the Discovery engine.
- Partner with site reliability engineers, escalation engineers and product development team and translate their needs into ETL flows using rules to provide insights.
- Design and implement pre-requisite data engineering by authoring Jobs via Apache Spark to satisfy requirements that cannot be solved by straightforward rules.
- Responsible for driving the implementation of the projects by co-ordinating with other lead engineers in the Insights team.
- Provide KPIs to evaluate effectiveness of the discoveries being surfaced.
- Work with various big data platforms, databases, and systems such as AWS Redshift / Snowflake, AWS RDS, AWS S3, and other big data technologies.
- Participate in data modeling discussion and influence data products roadmap to ensure the best performance for solutions required by various partner teams.
- Debug Job Executions on Apache Spark clusters in AWS using S3, CloudWatch, Lambda.
- BA, BS, or MS degree in computer science or related streams
- 14+ years experience software product development exp.
- Experience with one or more of the following languages (Python, Scala, Java, Golang, C++)
- Experience working with Big Data technologies and one or more of the cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP etc)
- Having an owner's mindset and experience working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Good understanding and working experience in SaaS technology development best practices (such as Agile)
- Experience working with Apache Spark is a plus
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.