Sr. Analyst, People Analytics
Sr. Analyst, People Analytics - People Analytics Team
The People Analytics team at Nutanix is looking for a senior analyst with a passion to help leaders make data-driven decisions about our employees. This person will excel at story telling with data, approach problems with an analytical mindset, and be driven to get to the root of the problem.
The People Analytics Team is responsible for understanding the employee experience across the employee life cycle, leveraging multiple data inputs to measure and accelerate the employee experience, and ultimately, providing leaders with insights and data to help them make informed decisions about our people.
The team leverages data from many sources, including HRIS, ATS (Applicant Tracking System), survey data, and other people program data (e.g., LMS).
- Act as point of contact with Business Intelligence team to ensure we have the data needed in our databases - running point to get data added as needed and troubleshooting issues that arise
- Build and maintain data pipelines from various data sources to feed into Tableau and other analytics tools
- Develop complex dashboards that leverage multiple data sources, taking client requirements and building visualization that allow them to quickly identify gaps, strengths, and trends across time
- Support HR organization’s data needs by looking for ways to automate data processes and streamline reporting
- Consult with senior leaders across the organization, expertly leveraging data and insights to tell a compelling story and help leaders make data-driven decisions
- Analyze unstructured and disparate data sources, developing models to predict future actions (retention, quality of hires) and running statistical analysis to deliver actionable insights
- Provide ongoing client support, expertly translating client questions into data and insights
- Carefully handle sensitive employee data, ensuring necessary confidentiality and security
Key Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years experience running data analysis and reporting in a business environment
- 3+ years experience in SQL with ability to write complex queries to extract data from various data sources
- Strong expertise using data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong Excel Skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience balancing and delivering upon multiple priorities
- Ability to develop and use structured approaches to identify root causes and recommend resolutions
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Expertise in statistical and analytical tools (e.g., R, Python), and techniques (e.g., t-test, regressions, machine learning) desirable
- MS or MBA in math or science field (i.e., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Economics) desirable
- About us
- Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanixand one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
- We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
- We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
- About our business
- Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer
- Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
- We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
- As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.