Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Analyst
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Analyst
AUI, Woodstar Labs
Job Title: BC/DR Analyst
Reports to: Deputy Director of Cybersecurity Program/CISO • IT & Cybersecurity
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Status: At will, Full Time
Travel Required: Some travel occasionally required
Duration: Term, 22 months or June 2023
Posting Begin Date: July 16, 2021
Posting End Date: Until filled
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Remote or onsite depending on proximity to AUI Centers
Associated Universities, Inc. (AUI) is seeking candidates for an experienced Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC & DR) Analyst to assist with BC & DR activities across multiple clients. This person will have a passion for technology, experience with complex systems, and can demonstrate experience in business continuity and disaster recovery. The ideal candidate will have a broad skillset and a strong drive to grow and develop their talents to meet client needs. This individual will be hired as a term full time employee for 22 months, or until June 2023.
The BC & DR Analyst will assist in the development, implementation and oversight of client specific Business Continuity and Resilience Programs, including Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Incident and Crisis Management. This includes providing training and awareness on required deliverables, tracking and monitoring for completion, conducting quality assurance reviews and validation testing, and reporting back to management, regulators, and other stake holders, as required. This person may also assist with the incident response team members during a disaster, outage, or exercise.
Key responsibilities and duties will include but are not limited to: Assess, develop, and implement strategic BC & DR Plans and interact and develop relationships with business & technology leaders and other BC & DR stakeholders to further incident response activities. Work cross functionally with leadership and client teams to define and implement business impact assessments, coordinate and lead business continuity and disaster recovery tabletops and exercises, identify, and prioritize remediation, and track completion, partner with client team and functional leads to implement and maintain disaster recovery plans and metrics to ensure the security and integrity of client technology and data, and identify program improvements. Own remediation items identified in exercises and assessments, collaborating internal and client teams to design new processes and policies that close gaps. This position will allow for most of the work to be conducted remotely, with the occasional on-site working meetings at AUI’s office in Vienna, VA. In addition, some travel (< 25%) may be required to visit client work sites.
• Undergraduate (Bachelors) degree with a (preferred) concentration in business continuity management, cybersecurity, information security or related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
• Minimum work experience of 3-5 years in a BC & IR management or related role.
• Desired: Business Continuity Certification (CBCP, MBCP, BCCE, etc.)
• Knowledge of relevant information technology management frameworks such as NIST, CMMC, ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL and COBIT.
• Practical experience with regulatory, audit and compliance activities.
• Outstanding communicator and writer; experience with drafting project plans across multiple stakeholders producing final reports.
• Ability to risk rank multiple high priority items and advocate successfully for technical and business teams.
• Knowledgeable and experienced in crisis management best practices.
• Experience in defining, implementing, and ensuring risk-based standards, processes, and procedures for responding to disruptions in business or IT operations.
• Desired: Practical experience with incident response.
• Desired: Experience with cloud services providers such as AWS and/or Azure
• Desired: System experience with Linux, ICS, operational technology, IoT, voting technology
• Desired: Programming and scripting experience; especially Python, Bash, regex, and database
• Desired: Strong understanding of the financial and performance implications of BC & DR related decisions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in Office 365 (full suite), & Adobe
• Effective problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities and able to support fast turnarounds with surge capabilities.
• Able to produce reports, analytics, and presentations based on client and business needs.
• Have or be able to receive a federal clearance.
• The ideal candidate will have documented history of the responsibilities and experiences listed.
Physical Conditions/Nature of Work
• This individual will be required to sit and work on a computer for prolonged period of times.
• Will need to communicate via email, phone, and virtually.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Women, Minorities, Vietnam-Era Veterans, Disabled Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. We will monitor and review the recruitment process to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. There will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of mental or physical disability. Further, we will take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified handicapped individuals, qualified disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam Era without discrimination based on their disability or veteran’s status in all employment practices. We will select the best qualified candidate to perform the duties of an available position and will give first consideration to present employees whenever practical. To view our complete statement and additional information, please visit http://jobs.jobvite.com/nrao/jobs. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request to [email protected].