Specialist Data Scientist
Position: Data Scientist
Location: Hinjewadi Phase II - Pune, India
NICE Actimize is comprised of talented, creative and dedicated individuals with a passion for delivering innovative solutions to the market. At NICE Actimize, we recognize that every employee’s contributions are integral to our company’s growth and success. To find and acquire the best and brightest talent around the globe, we offer a challenging work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, and rewarding career opportunities. Come share, grow and learn with us – you’ll be challenged, you’ll have fun and you’ll be part of a fast growing, highly respected organization.
NICE Actimize is currently seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join our dynamic and growing Fraud & AML Analytics Services team.
- Perform analysis to support the deployment of fraud prevention analytical models
- Analyze fraud cases obtained from clients
- Research data patterns in order to find patterns predictive of fraud
- Improve the quality and actual implementation of computational algorithms and tools
- Optimize the detection performance of NICE Actimize Fraud products and improve customers’ experience with our Fraud solutions
- Define product requirements for analytics and provide feedback to the product team on ways in which product may be improved
- Develop and enhance our solution-specific risk scores
- Measure the quality of the analytical performance of Fraud Products
- Develop tools to support model tuning, performance tracking and automation
- Develop custom detection logic for specific clients
- Help maintain and improve model development methodologies/practices.
Experience: 6 to 8 Years
- Advanced degree in a quantitative area (statistics, mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering)
- Strong general analytical skills, Experience with statistical model development. Deep and diverse experience with multiple statistical procedures and data mining algorithms. Strong Machine Learning skills.
- Strong experience with using SQL and EXCEL.
- Strong programming skills in Python and ability to rapidly learn new programming tools.
- Exposure to other programming languages: R, Scala, Java & Python
- Experience of building and deploying classification and regression machine learning models at an enterprise level.
- Good oral and written communications skills, and ability to interact with engineers, software developers, project managers, business analysts, product managers and with clients.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary agile teams.
- Strong commitment to quality
- Customer facing experience – a plus
- Innovative aptitude.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience in development of risk management models, particularly in the fraud, AML, or financial trade compliance areas.
- Knowledge of national and international financial systems and data standards.
- Experience with Business Intelligence platforms, methodologies (e.g. OLAP), and tools.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.