Tech Lead AWS Data Engineer
At NICE Actimize, we fight financial crime. We detect, prevent, and investigate money laundering, fraud, and compliance violations with a holistic view of risk across organizations. As the market leader in financial crime, risk, and compliance, NICE Actimize has deep domain expertise and a global understanding of the threat’s organizations face. With a holistic, consolidated view across the enterprise and innovative, flexible technology, we help detect and prevent potential fraud, manage regulatory compliance, and identify money laundering threats quickly and accurately, protecting institutions against financial crime, regulatory and reputational risk.
As part of the DataOps team, provide data solutions for the Data Scientist user community to ensure that time to value for delivery is reduced. Work with the DS lead to automate the provisioning of data on the AWS platform. Work with the wider engineering team to understand the AWS ecosystem and provide solutions to monitor data quality on the AWS data lake.
Main Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Work with Data Analyst, architects and managers in the design process for provisioning of data for the user community; contribute to the implementation planning and estimation
- Communicate software designs/work flows to other software engineering staff members through code and textual and pictorial documentation as needed. This includes interfacing directly with other groups inside and outside of R&D as needed.
- Participate in the end-to-end implementation, automation and support of data pipelines for the Data Science user community, pro-active identification of monitoring artifacts using AWS tools and high degrees of responsiveness to any issue that come up throughout the complete lifecycle of the data provisioning.
- Ensure the intended design and quality levels are met through regular code reviews and testing of the software in-development. Mentor and coach peer and junior engineers and champion best practices and encourage software craftsmanship.
- Personally contribute high volumes of quality code that is delivered with that of your colleagues in regular releases and deployments.
Experience: 4 to 7 Years
Qualifications / Education:
- Degree in computer science or equivalent from a reputed institute
- Knowledge on Data structures, Algorithms and Multithreading and solid understanding of OOP.
- 2+ years of recent experience in Python/Scala technologies (Linux environment)..
- Worked in high performance, highly available and scalable systems – a must
- Experience in database development with SQL/NoSQL;
- Deep Knowledge and experience with software design patterns and how they can be incorporated into software design.
- Experience developing server side enterprise-grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem.
- Experience in Big data technologies like Hadoop, EMR, HIVE, HDFS etc.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- AWS services knowledge (Athena, Glue, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudWatch, ECS, EMR, API Gateway, S3, DynamoDB etc.)
- Experience in Automation in AWS ecosystem is a plus.
Other Preferred skills:
- Analyses information and deduces conclusions within the professional space, seen as a professional by his team and peer community. Has high-attention to details and works well in a dynamic and stressful environment.
- Experience working in a modified Agile methodology development environment and using work item management tools like TFS/Jira.
- Exposure to DevOps skills using Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform is a plus
- Experience with Open Source Software (OSS) technology frameworks, platforms, and tools and microservices
- Knowledge and Experience with enterprise applications running on Linux – big advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven ability and passion to educate and mentor others in engineering best practices and patterns, team player.
- Ability to work under high pressure
- High attention to details and accuracy
- Very strong verbal and written English skills
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.