Senior Data Analyst - Data OS - Remote
We seek a problem solver who will transform how we use data to understand, take action, and optimize the overall customer experience for our Account Based demand generation strategy. Our new Senior Data Analyst will complement and cross-train other Analysts who own Customer data areas in Sales, Product, and Support analytics.
New Relic’s Data OS team combines skills in Data Science, Data Engineering, and Web App Development to build a scalable data platform, use-case-driven data applications, and data-driven customer-facing experiences. Tackling an exceptionally diverse set of data sources and use cases, we build algorithms, models, and impactful statistics to serve our 17,000+ customers!
This role is based out of our beautiful San Francisco office, but we are open to remote employees in approved locations who will work West Coast hours.
What You’ll Do
- Perform exploratory data analysis to inform business decisions
- Work closely with data engineers/scientists to automate the collection/analysis of raw data for models
- Analyze experimental and observational data, presenting findings and insights
- Routinely write efficient, legible, and well-commented SQL, building meaningful self-service dashboards for internal customers
- Partner with business owners across the company (marketing, product, finance, sales, engineering, etc.) to extract and analyze data from large data tables using SQL, Excel, Python, or R, translating findings into actions.
- 3-4 years of SQL experience, writing sophisticated queries
- 2+ years of experience communicating analytical findings to executives
- Experience with some dataset types or specific tools, such as CRM (Salesforce / Gainsight), Attribution (Full Circle), Clickstream (Segment.io / Google Analytics), Email (Marketo / Intercom / Mailchimp)
- Able to communicate data and analysis to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of Growth metrics and use of SaaS Pirate metrics, calculations, and definitions (AARRR)
- Python/R/ SAS/SPSS experience
- Experience as a user of Salesforce, Tableau, Periscope Data, Looker, Mode Analytics, JIRA (tickets), Airflow (Data ETL), Google Analytics / Adwords, MixPanel, Kissmetrics, Amplitude, Heap, Optimizely, Marketo, Intercom, Drift
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.