Senior Data Analyst
We seek a critical thinker with experience to navigate, model, analyze and guide strategy for our consumption and billing systems. Our new Senior Data Analyst will partner deeply and efficiently with multiple engineering teams, their respective PMs, and leadership teams. A broad array of analytics, system integrations, and exciting internal and customer-facing projects awaits you!
This role will work in our beautiful San Francisco office (reopening in 2022) or from an approved remote location! Pacific time zone hours are required.
What You’ll Do
- Perform data analysis of new billing, consumption, and quoting data sources to drive operational and strategic decision-making around product consumption.
- Define highly accurate, stable, and performant data models that support production system integrations and analytics.
- Generate data visualizations to empower customer-facing roles.
- Handle urgent ad hoc data analysis / QA support requests.
- Lead requirements gathering, documentation, testing, and support for all BA system data ingests and transformations.
- Clearly scope, track, execute, and communicate on projects in close partnership with engineering teams.
- 3+ years of SQL experience: writing sophisticated, efficient, and clear SQL in a Cloud Data Warehouse is a daily habit;
- 2+ years working at a SaaS or other digital business;
- Significant Data Visualization Experience: You frequently develop and present visualizations in Tableau or an equivalent tool to advise leadership strategy;
- Familiarity with at least 2 SaaS business systems: Primary areas of interest include CRM, Billing, Quote-to-Cash, and Marketing;
- Excellent communication skills with technical audiences: explain “what it is”, “why it matters” and “what should we do” with data to a technical audience; deliver requirements docs, metrics, and dashboards to improve organizational alignment.
- 1+ year of relevant experience at a B2B or B2C company with a consumption model;
- Python/Spark/Scala experience;
- Production data modeling and testing experience in dbt (Data Build Tool), Databricks, or Git;
- Agile development experience through JIRA, Asana, Aha, or equivalent.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.