Lead Software Engineer - Open Source Integrations (Open to Remote)
At New Relic, we provide our customers real-time insights, so they can innovate faster. Our software delivers insightful observability tools across different technologies and distributed systems, enabling software engineering teams to quickly identify, understand and tackle issues, analyze performance, and get the most of their software and infrastructure.
If you love scale and want to contribute to one of the largest and fastest growing observability platforms in the market, we want to hear from you: New Relic is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Infrastructure Instrumentation organization in Europe. This organization develops and maintains instrumentation agents and integrations for a wide range of products, including Kubernetes, Cassandra, etc... All the development is open source, and we also contribute to other open source projects.
What You’ll Do
- Use your experience to drive the team’s technical roadmap of open source projects led by New Relic and contribute to other community projects.
- Engage with the team members to discuss and implement service improvements and new development.
- Build, maintain, and scale Go clients/projects and their support tools.
- Own and drive the improvement of your team’s processes.
- Collaborate with the PM, EM, and stakeholders to sync up priorities.
- Ship incrementally and often, helping the team to maintain a constant flow of feedback on its work.
- Strong engineering experience (at least 5+ years) that can bring your past experience to bear on our roadmap.
- Experience participating in and leading technical decision-making within an engineering team (we use "disagree and commit").
- Experience in technical mentorship and support for helping level-up the skills of colleagues on the team.
- You are not afraid of adapting, learning, and getting your hands dirty with different languages and frameworks.
- A collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to improve the product sharing ownership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience developing monitoring products
- Upstream contributions to relevant open source projects (e.g. Kubernetes, Prometheus, DBs, http servers, etc).
- Interest in trying and learning new technologies.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies.
- You are self-motivated, able to work both independently and as part of a distributed team, learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate creative problem-solving skills.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.