For more than 75 years, NBBJ has been guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as the world’s most innovative architecture firm by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions — Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others — to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ in a Project Architect role in our Los Angeles Studio
NBBJ Los Angeles is looking for an experienced Project Architect who has worked across multiple practices with large scale, urban mixed-use projects involving client and consultant contact and leadership responsibilities. The Project Architect performs architectural design and development work for a wide variety of projects involving construction of new buildings and the alteration of existing buildings and facilities.
Your New Role:
- Work with clients and team members to identify objectives, develop options, and formulate creative solutions.
- Interpret design concepts by collaborating with project team and translate them into workable construction systems and detailing, while maintaining design intent and advocating for design excellence.
- Prepare appropriate documentation and deliverables from schematic design through construction administration in accordance with established firm and industry standards.
- Maintain appropriate records for project phases in accordance with established firm and industry standards.
- Lead and coordinate the work of other team members and consultants, providing direction, guidance, and mentoring as appropriate.
- May participate in marketing efforts, including proposal development, presentations, and client interviews.
What you will need to Succeed:
- Minimum 8-15 years of experience in the architectural field with successful experience in the documentation and delivery of large scale urban mixed-use projects
- Fluency in Revit software
- B Arch or M Arch degree
- Architectural Licensure; LEED or other sustainability accreditation preferred.
- Proven ability to work within a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment; setting an example for others
- Ability to travel as the project(s) requires
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work, we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession, our society and ourselves.
• We exist to create enduring value for our clients and society.
• We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
• We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm — and essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
• We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash breakthrough creativity.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through listening, learning, and humility.
• We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
• We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share what we know.
• We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and sustainable outcomes.
• We all share in the realization of our “design, people, business” triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence — and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.