Concept Artist - Star Wars
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for Concept Artist to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You will be working as part of a dedicated team responsible for supporting BossAliens projects, visualizing and assisting the Art Director with establishing the game world and setting, and refining the details
- To work with the Art Director to maintain the vision and style of the game
- Define the look and feel of a game through your concept art
- This role will include Characters, Environments and marketing pieces.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working as a Concept Artist
- Exceptional 2D skills
- Technical expertise in Photoshop
- Strong visual sense for characters and environments
- Highly creative and introduce a fresh scope into any brief
- Ability to really get ideas, mood and scene settings visualised
- You’re passionate about – and have good knowledge of character & environment design, art and culture
- Ability to create unique and original concept characters in the required timeframe
- You have an exceptional understanding of form and anatomy
- You can drive a character concept's evolution from rough concepts to a final tight production board
- An outstanding portfolio which proves that you have a good knowledge of perspective, colour, lighting and composition
- Demonstrate good knowledge of, industrial design, graphical design and culture
- Demonstrate imaginative and innovative solutions and interpretations to game situations
Desirable Skills & Experience
- 3D package experience (Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush SketchUp
- A Passion for Games
- A liking for the Star Wars brand
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.