The Sr. Product Manager is responsible for the digital product strategy for the Harmony, Inspire, and Fundraising Academy programs. In addition to maintaining the Online Learning Portals for all three programs and the Harmony Game Room App this role will develop a product roadmap that will take the Programs into the future with digital products that will efficiently and strategically allow the organization to meet its reach and teach goals. The Sr. Product Manager, also works with various departments to ensure that the Programs are aligned with National University by using its resources to leverage a sustainable growth model.
The role is also responsible for assisting the Sr Director, Office of Program Administration in the strategy, development, marketing, and implementation of the program offerings including; scheduling and coordination of organizational programs and online courses. This position also assists with the cross-program implementation of the strategic and tactical business plans and supports the digital growth strategies and execution of organizational goals in order to meet important program milestones.
- Serve as the product manager for various product initiatives for the Harmony, Inspire, and Fundraising Academy programs as they expand their digital platforms
- Develop and maintain a product roadmap for all Programs
- Collaborate with NU and third party vendors and developers to develop and execute product plans
- Maintain productive relationships with NU and third party vendors to facilitate routine site maintenance and security
- Learn and support sites on both WordPress and EdBrix platforms to include content management, learning management systems, and event management system
- Develop and/or enhance digital solutions for various l products, including: Harmony Digital Games, Harmony Quick Connection Cards, Training On-Demand Options for Harmony and Inspire Programs, and Course Offerings for the Fundraising Academy
- Manage day-to-day maintenance and continued development of the Online Learning Portal
- Provide training and support for internal and external customers related to back-end and client-facing elements of the CMS, LMS and reporting functions of the platform
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar to ensure that the Harmony and Inspire programs have new content on their respective portal dashboards that can be marketed on a monthly basis
- Manage, update and archive content and features on the Online Learning Portal
- Assist Program Directors with prospecting and new business development
- Work with other key staff to identify ways to align work & partner offerings
- Work with Program Directors to manage day-to-day program operations and technical support (30% of role)
- Provide training support and product demos to affiliates for all three programs when necessary
- Ensure that the Harmony, Inspire, and Fundraising Academy marketing websites are aligned with the programs transition to digital product offerings
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to craft social media assets and monthly newsletters for clients and partners describing program updates and new or enhanced product offerings
- Other duties as assigned
May have supervisory responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Master’s Degree Preferred; and seven to ten years of combined experience in, product management or related business management experience required. Experience with entrepreneurial start-ups in the for-profit or nonprofit sectors. Proficiency with website maintenance including WordPress
- Ability to participate as an active member of the team and organization and work toward a common goal. Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead.
- Accepts personal accountability, proactively seeks resolution for personal limitations head-on; and supports honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Actively seeks to influence, build effective relationships and gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives.
- Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes. Ability to generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that contribute to successful outcomes.
- Working knowledge, principles and practices of office management/systems within a higher education environment, preferred. Demonstrates an understanding of underlying organizational issues.
- Intermediate use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to drive towards achieving measurable and challenging goals to support organizational success. Demonstrates the ability to focus on achieving results consistent with the organization’s objectives. As a leader, develops goals based on the organization’s vision, mission, strategic goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individual of constituencies in a diverse community.
The National University System is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. As a network of nonprofit educational institutions, the System employs more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows for students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, the National University System is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.
The National University System offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salaries, and an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. The System does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by state of federal laws.