Freight Handler - PM Shift
Would you enjoy working with a company known for its extraordinary customer service, leading-edge industry systems and technology, and an exceptional shipping service record? Then Blue Eagle Logistics is looking for you! We are seeking a Freight Handler to manage loading and unloading freight on our trailers in a safe and timely manner from our Allentown, PA location!
About Us and What We Offer You
Blue Eagle Logistics is a small and collaborative logistics company dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations of our customers. We are growing each and every day and provide our employees with a culture that allows them to showcase their entrepreneurial spirit and help us continue to grow! We need special talent to meet our customers’ needs and we believe in providing our employees with what they need to flourish.
Benefits and Perks
At Blue Eagle, the commitments we make to our customers require a special talent, and it is recognized and rewarded in multiple ways! As an employee, you will enjoy the following benefits:
• Medical benefits package
• Dental Benefits
• Basic Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• 401k with generous company match
What the Job Looks Like
The Freight Handler will be responsible for loading and unloading freight on our trailers in a safe and timely manner. Frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of freight is required. You will also receive, store, and distribute material, tools, equipment, and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions. Ideal candidate will provide support for driver helper projects and local pickup and delivery needs.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the loading/unloading of trailers and the operation of scanners
• Use handheld scanners to efficiently track and maneuver freight
• Accurately label boxes and prepare freight for shipment
• Safely load and unload trailers by utilizing equipment such as hand trucks/pallets jack and forklifts
• Must be able to obtain certification and safely operate forklift and other machinery as required
• Verify documentation and condition of freight to assure quality standards are achieved
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment
• Other duties as assigned
Important Qualifications to your Success
• Prior warehouse experience
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Strong team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Must be flexible to work weekends and overtime as needed
• Forklift and general freight handling knowledge is a plus
• Forklift certification desired
• Must be able to work Monday-Friday, 11:00 am - 8:00 pm (some flexibility is required)
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oX2LdfwH&s=website
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include an updated resume and salary requirement.
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
All applicants can check the status of their application by logging on to the myHR Partner web portal at www.myhrpartnerinc.com and logging on to your personal profile in the Job Postings area.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.