Mindshare | Manager, Data Engineer
This role, you will help in managing and organizing data from multiple sources as well as exploring and examining the data with the goal of discovering patterns and insights that can address business problems. You will assist with analyzing business level data to produce actionable insights utilizing analytics tools and languages.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Head of Strategy
- Implement and maintain databases, data marts and data warehouses.
- Use ETL tool to collect data and manage the data integration process from all data sources.
- Analyze customer data to ensure it has been correctly processed.
- Analyze customer data to identify key insights and trends.
- Develop customer reports to present the data in most easily consumable way and surface the key insight from the data.
- Own the process of data platform development, management, and upgrade.
- Work with other departments and management to determine organizational goals, pinpoint trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets.
- Become a member of a larger team by attending team trainings/events, communicating and collaborating well with teammates of various expertise.
Technical Skills requirement ;
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least 2 years of related experience e.g., Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, MIT.
- Experience of using any Reporting or Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services, Tableau, etc.
- Experience of using any Data Integration tools such as Adverity Datatap, Datorama, SQL Server Integration Services, etc.
- Experience with any Database Management System and SQL query.
- Knowledge of designing, developing and maintaining reporting systems.
- Strong experience in Excel, PowerQuery and PowerPivot.
- Familiarity with DAX, R programming, Python or any scripting languages is a plus.
- Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies especially in data capture, management, and visualization methods.
- Have a passion for data and analytics.
- Keen ability to problem solve.
- Excellence in communication and a "get-the-job done " attitude.
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks/responsibilities simultaneously.
- Excellent time management skills and can deliver quality work to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and ability to work with clients and peers in a respectful and professional manner.
- Desire to work in a changing environment.
- Work with moderate work direction and is skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
More about Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997, a start up with a desire to change the media world. Now we are a global agency with more than 7,000 employees in 116 offices across 86 countries, operating as one team - #teammindshare. We believe that in today’s world, everything begins and ends in media. We aim to be our clients’ lead business partner, to grow their business, and drive profitability through adaptive and inventive marketing. We do this through speed, teamwork and provocation and by operating as a network of networks rather than a rigid hierarchy. We create new things and have fun doing it. Whenever and wherever you join us, you open a door to opportunities in any and of all aspects of media, technology and innovation. We will support you, recognize you and reward you, making Mindshare the place where you do the best work of your career.
Mindshare APAC has won 500 awards in the last year alone, including “Agency Network of the Year 2017” by both the MMA SMARTIES™ and Campaign Asia for the fifth and third consecutive year, respectively. Mindshare is part of GroupM, the media investment management arm of WPP, the world’s leading communications services group. To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us on Twitter @mindshare and facebook.com/mindshareapac and linkedin.com/company/mindshare
In a population of 69 million people, Thailand’s mobile penetration is at a whopping 120% with smart phone penetration at 50%. Digital spend has grown 38% year-on-year and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.
The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.