Test Engineer II
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Test Engineer II is responsible for testing the products to reveal quality and risk-related information with the intent of informing a decision. The Test Engineer II also contributes to the creation of test automation, strategies, and diagnosis of complex issues.
- Create maintainable code through refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, source code control, and review practices
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Share knowledge across the organization through regular blogs, reveals, and pull requests.
- Delight our users by driving consistent improvement from internal user feedback
- Create clear, thorough documentation that sets up other teams for self-guided success
- Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements.
- Attend sprint planning meetings and discuss testing issues.
- Contribute to test automation within Agile DevOps teams.
- Evaluate, explore and model the product and features.
- Create product coverage outlines mind maps of what is to be tested.
- Proactively learn and apply test design principles.
- Generate test ideas and heuristics.
- Create test charters and checks.
- Identify and provide feedback on the gaps/anomalies in the requirements.
- Explain risks, based on the impact assessment, to non-technical stakeholders
- Adhere to Medidata's SOPs and Agile practices.
- Analyze results of test sessions, draw meaningful conclusions, and suggest actions
- Write clear and concise bug reports and steps to reproduce.
- Collaborate with other scrum team(s) and stakeholders.
- Make continuous self-education a priority.
- Keep up to date with the evolution of the testing industry.
- Ability to understand and execute Context-Driven and Session Based testing
- Ability to contribute to the development of project test strategy
- Ability to Identify tasks/ dependencies/ risks during backlog grooming/planning
- Ability to provide reasonable test estimates
- Ability to proactively learn and apply test design principles
- Ability to create tests from stories/requirements
- Ability to communicate own ideas to other teams
- Ability to investigate and diagnose complex issues
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
- Clinical industry experience is an asset
- Agile experience is preferred
Your Education & Experience:
- Typically requires related experience and a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
- 5+ year relevant job experience
- Expert Knowledge of QA Methodologies and software life cycle
- Experience with test and behavior-driven development
- Experience in test automation
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions K.K. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.