Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
As Financial Analyst, FP&A you will be the finance business partner to key functional leaders, ensuring operational plans are aligned with financial goals and creating transparency that allows us to make the right decisions to propel the business forward. Your focus will be on partnering with business leaders for budgeting, forecasting and monthly plan vs. actual performance analysis, and coordinating with other Finance team members to drive the monthly closing and expense reporting process for key functions.
• Be a trusted advisor as finance business partner to leaders of assigned business areas and lead their budgeting and forecasting activities
• Ensure operational plans are in line with financial budgets and forecast
• Provide transparency into actual results and forward-looking analyses
• Support financial planning and reporting for key functions
• Take ownership and drive enhancement of core FP&A processes
• Collaborate closely with teams across Medidata and our parent Company, Dassault Systemes, including Accounting, Tax, HR, Pricing, Commercial and Operations
• Support ad hoc projects and strategic initiatives
- Highly motivated and humble team-player with no ego
- Must be a proactive & highly organized self-starter, able to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication / collaboration skills required; role involves building strong relationships across the organization and communicating / presenting ideas clearly to management
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate information across multiple business units and build effective business relationships within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to turn financial data into relevant insights that support sound decisions
- Demonstrated drive for continuous process improvement
Your Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Public accounting, consulting, or equivalent FP&A experience preferred
- Extraordinary Excel / PowerPoint / financial modeling skills
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.