Sales Compensation Analyst
Medidata: a great place to work; a great place to stay
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
As part of the Sales Compensation Team under Human Resources, the Sales Compensation Analyst will have a key role in shaping incentive compensation strategy, driving transparency and effectiveness of compensation plans, and building a strong consultative relationship with the global sales organization. The role will have a heavy business facing presence as it relates to compensation, but will also maintain and ensure quality control as a key owner of the incentive compensation management system.
- Administer sales compensation plans for assigned business units in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely performance calculations and sales compensation payouts
- Assist with monthly and quarterly analyses to measure compensation plan performance including variance to budget, correlation between result and payouts by individual contributor and by manager
- Assist with the enhancement and implementation of sales compensation processes, systems, reporting and best practices
- Track compensation plan results and analyze sales compensation plan effectiveness in achieving business goals/strategy for assigned business unit(s)
- Collaborate with Sales Compensation team members and cross functional team colleagues in Sales Operations and Finance to assure the timely and accurate production of incentive compensation results.
- Interact with end users to better understand incentive compensation issues and provide recommendations to help improve the incentive compensation process and strategy.
- Communicate observations around sales compensation best practices through data, analytics, and thoughtful interpretation of findings.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting preferred. A minimum of 2 years of financial analysis experience, preferably in Software or the Life Sciences environment.
- Experience with sales compensation plan administration preferred
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce) and Incentive Compensation Management Tool (Callidus Cloud, Varicent, Xactly, etc.), preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, Access
- Knowledge of sales operations preferred
- Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools such as Cognos, Tableau, and/or scripting languages like SQL or SAS preferred
- Ability to work with concepts and develop recommendations
- Process oriented, collaborative and analytical skills required
- Project management experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and adopt new operational systems.
- Speed of execution - the ability to act decisively, use sound judgment and move projects with pace and accuracy.
- Proven track record of successfully fostering relationships and working with various levels and departments
- Proven ability of being able to work both individually, and as a valued partner across teams, to help drive the incentive compensation strategy and related processes.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.