Genomic Data Scientist
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Genomic Data Scientist is a key role in a dynamic team of computational biologists, statisticians, computer scientists, data analysts, and business experts. This role will focus on the development of the Rave Genomics product at Medidata. The genomics data scientist will build key components of the Rave Genomics product and support pipelines, will apply advanced statistical analysis methods to genomics and clinical data, and will work closely with both the Medidata Rave Genomics development team and clients adopting Rave Genomics.
• Design, develop, and validate statistical models as part of a larger-scale genomic analysis application in support of analysis and meta-analysis of clinical trials.
• Provide support functions around model-building, including data cleaning and code review
• Productionalize developed methods and code for integration with Rave Genomics
• Proficiency in R is required, with python desired
• Strong collaborative focus
• Experience using git version control
Your Education & Experience:
• Ph.D or Master's in bioinformatics, statistics, or other genomics-related field
• Direct experience with next-generation sequencing or microarray data of various types and platforms
• Direct coding experience developing one or more of the following: pipelines, genome browsers
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.