Senior Lead Biostatistician
We're open to having you work remotely as a Full-Time Employee as long as you're within mainland USA.
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 1,000 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 13,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
• Work with biopharmaceutical companies to optimize the conduct and science of clinical trials, including the use of synthetic control arms to replace historical controls and enhance the interpretability of single arm studies
• Use a database of patient level data from thousands of clinical trials for research and development of novel algorithms and software products
• Contribute scientific insights to clinical trials and the underlying diseases and therapies
• Strong ability in the design, analysis, and interpretation of clinical trials and clinical research.
• Strong statistical skills, particularly in the areas of multivariate analysis and predictive modeling
• Excellent written and verbal ability, including the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work on multiple projects at the same time.
• Typically requires a PhD in Biostatistics or Statistics with minimum of 5 years of related experience in the pharma and/or regulatory (e.g. FDA) context.
• Experience working with clinical trials in multiple therapeutic areas
• Experience in an external/internal customer facing role
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.