Solutions Architect (Python, AWS, Clojure or Java) - Open to Remote
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
We are seeking a very experienced Technical Software Architect to work with AcornAI teams and our stakeholders. The ideal candidate would have hands-on experience in designing and implementing large scale distributed application services, along with large data driven services. The candidate will be able to drive collaboration and design resolutions internally within the Acorn Product Tech team and externally with our stakeholders.
- Experience designing and developing software solutions to address business requirements
- Experience creating architectural blueprints, documentation and artifacts to the team and stakeholders
- Experience working with Data Engineers and Data Scientists on deploying ML applications in production environments
- Experience designing and developing with microservices and event driven architectural patterns.
- Experience designing and developing with web API patterns and protocol like REST, GraphQL
- Experience with web and services application security
- Experience with designing, developing and deploying applications and services in cloud platforms preferably AWS
- Experience designing, developing with serverless technologies like AWS lambda
- Experience designing and developing data pipelines and data driven services as well as ETL solutions using modern cloud data solutions
- Experience designing and developing application CI/CD pipelines using tools like Travis CI, Cloudformation, Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience working coordinating and communicating with multiple teams to drive system requirements, implementation, correctness and quality.
- Experience with application observability and distributed tracing.
Your Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
10 - 15 years experience designing and developing software applications and services
4+ years in the role of Architect or Lead Software Engineer
Proficiency coding in multiple languages including Java, Python, Clojure
Proficiency in working with multiple stakeholders, resolving and ranking requirements, and evaluating solutions tradeoffs
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 17,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.