Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Medidata is improving the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products are at the intersection of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for global innovation.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager, Medidata Detect to lead our growing engineering teams as they design, implement, deploy and operate our analytics cloud platform. Reporting into the Senior Director, Engineering, you'll evolve key pillars of Medidata's strategy for powering centralized Risk-based Monitoring of Clinical Trials.
- Direct the activities of a software systems development function, software applications development function, and a software quality assurance function for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools
- Oversee the design, delivery, and evolution of our mobile platform. Responsibilities span multiple web applications based on Ruby on Rails, ETL based on Python and ReactJs FE.
- Build DevOps and SRE capabilities for the system in production
- Build relationships with product managers, marketing, sales, and users to allow development teams to more prioritize delivery efforts
- Grow Medidata through hiring, coaching and development of globally distributed team members.
- Provide consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization.
- Inspire, empower and motivate us, leading by example.
- Work with executives and major customers to establish and communicate a technical vision for our data capture platform.
- Proven leadership in driving and growing several agile software development teams across multiple engineering managers
- Proven leadership scaling application development teams that are self organizing, loosely coupled, yet aligned
- Technical experience with Web Applications, designing and consuming RESTful API's for web applications, automated test frameworks like Rspecs.
- Able to be hands-on when needed and drive design and architectural decisions
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent years of experience
- Experience leading software engineering teams building web applications and API's.
- Experience mentoring the next generation of engineering leaders in an organization.
Why you'll like working at Medidata:
- Recognized on the list for Best Workplaces 2020 from Great Place to Work
- Premium health benefits, 401K and unlimited PTO!
- Kazoo / Rewards
- D&I Leadership Council; Countless Business Resource Groups
- Access to resources supporting Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Unforgettable (live and virtual!) Summer and Winter parties!
- Remote working flexibility
- Family leave
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.