MediaCom | Associate Director, Commercial
Overview of job
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a commercial associate director to join us. In this role, you will be responsible to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for MediaCom SH, to take the lead to build out strong financial and operational processes, to own new and existing client contracting and negotiation procedures and take charge of financial budgeting, forecasting & reporting for MediaCom sh. Ensure compliance of client and Vendor contract and revenue recognition guideline
You will work closely with GroupM sh financial team and business team leaders to oversee the business health of MediaCom sh.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: CCO, Chief Commercial Officer
3 best things about the job:
1. You will work closely with GroupM China SH financial team and business team leaders to oversee the business health of MediaCom SH.
2. You needs to take the lead to build out strong financial and operational processes, to own new and existing client contracting and negotiation procedures and take charge of financial budgeting, forecasting & reporting for MediaCom SH.
3. Business Partner to regional management team and regional client team
In this role, your goals will be:
- Commercial influence of client team/finance
- New business pitch assistance
- Agency and client profitability
- Monitoring contract compliance
- Tracking Agency P&L delivery
In three months:
- Get familiar with the client contracts
- Internal credit control management
In six months:
- Tracking fair OMI share and OMI Compliance
- Client profitability analysis
In 12 months:
- Work with internal and external auditors and ensuring SoX compliance
- New Business pitch assistance and Ad Hoc special project work
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
- Periodical Client Profitability review and Resource Allocation deployment
- Develop Client Contract Compliance
- Review and full control rebate pass back
- Contract renewals and New Pitches
- Update and improve on Client Audits – Media and Financial Audits.
- Develop Caveats/monitoring for media buying terms and conditions
- Budgeting & NWC management
- Process Improvement
What you’ll bring:
- Operational efficiency
- Business awareness
- Conflict management
- Process built up and improvement
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level in the finance discipline. A master degree or higher qualification would be an additional benefit.
- Minimum 10 years’ work experience with a solid and proven track record in agency commercial/ corporate finance operations in China.
- Fluency in English is essential. The ability to communicate in Mandarin is also a must.
- Client service skills, with the ability to build relationships
- Articulate, with excellent presentation skills and the ability to influence senior management both internal and external.
- Financial acumen including budget control and client profitability
- Strategic thinking
- Project management, planning and implementation
More about Mediacom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognised as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organising team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivalled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.