McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is America's premier, 100% employee-owned commercial construction company. With offices nationwide, we specialize in a wide range of project types that are as diverse and wide-ranging as the communities in which we build. Our innovative teams collaborate with clients and industry partners throughout the project life cycle, starting in the earliest stages of design, throughout construction and beyond project completion.
McCarthy’s reputation for tackling the toughest building challenges starts with our focus on developing high-performing individuals and teams. We do this through our award-winning training programs, a best-in-class Total Rewards benefits program, and a focus on equipping diverse teams of employee owners through a connected and inclusive culture aligned with our values of: Genuine. We, Not I. All In.
How do McCarthy partners define our culture?
We Live Our Core Values. We do whatever it takes to deliver on our promises with honesty and integrity.
We are Employee Owned. We are personally invested in building the things people need in our communities.
We Feel Like a Family. We value genuine connections and help each other succeed in an inclusive environment.
We are Builders. We respect the work we do and everyone who helps make it happen safely.
Position Summary, Key Responsibilities and Qualifications
Specific intern duties and responsibilities are dependent on education and skill level, as well as status of the project, and may include the following:
- Support and monitor safety efforts of subcontractors and McCarthy employees, conducting project safety “Virtual Interview- EQUIP PM- Susan Harman Toolbox” meetings weekly and enforcing safety guidelines utilizing disciplinary policy
- Ensure that the procedures outlined in the Site-Specific Safety Manual are implemented on the project site
- Help with issuance of new hire safety documents and lead the immersion of new employees and subcontractors into the McCarthy safety culture.
- Coordinate with project supervision to ensure personal protective equipment/safety materials and first aid supplies are available and utilized, and all safety documents are posted.
- Participate in investigating accidents and injuries, identifying root causes, and implementing corrective measures. Support the conduction of safety/health inspections, coordinating responses and compliance reports.
- Must be working towards Bachelors’ degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related major.
- Must have valid interest in pursuing a career in Construction Safety
- General knowledge of safety and construction principles/processes
- Must be willing and able to relocate for duration of internship
McCarthy Building Companies is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.