Supply Chain & Master Data Analyst
Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 36 stores along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Do you have product replenishment experience in the retail industry?
Are you known for building strong relationships with vendors and category managers?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Why not join us?
Position: Supply Chain and Master Data Analyst
The Supply Chain and Master Data Analyst will actively made decisions on a weekly basis, purchasing in excess of $2 million worth of inventory. You will be responsible for identifying, analyzing and transferring excess product among all distribution centre and store sites to ensure a lean supply chain. You will be responsible for setting up and maintain supplier and product master data which include Cost and retail changes, new item entry and maintenance, assurance of data quality and issue resolution.
What you’ll do:
Forecasting and Replenishment
• Maintains committed in-stock inventory levels and optimal inventory on warehouse stocked items by managing the product order cycles, vendor minimums, vendor lead times, product shelf life, truckload capacity and logistics schedules and executing purchase orders
• Revises system forecast to factor in any abnormalities and executes purchase orders
• Reviews chain wide inventory and initiates transfers of goods as needed
• Orders for promotions based on prior sales performance, professional knowledge, and current market factors such as specials advertised by the competition
• Follows-up with vendor to ensure vendor has blocked time with the warehouse and prevent delays in receipt of order.
• Coordinates the return of products with vendors due to various reasons, on an ongoing basis
• Investigates vendor service level issues and pricing issues at every instance and communicates implication with Category Managers, Managers and Inventory Management
• Actively manages the utilization of deals and forward buys to ensure maximum overall benefit and cost optimization
• Manages the product life cycle and works together with the Category Manager as needed, to deplete excess stock
• Escalate issues to the appropriate levels of management for review
• Tracks and reports relevant Supply Chain metrics
• Consistently demonstrates Genuine Merchant Customer Service by providing on-time response to customer queries and be knowledgeable about the products and their availability
• Manage the setup and testing of new EDI vendor partners.
• Utilizes a continuous improvement mindset to identify opportunities within the supply chain to reduce costs through ordering patterns, optimal transportation routes, or process improvement.
What we are looking for;
• 5 years minimum experience in product replenishment in the retail industry is required
• 2 years’ experience with an ERP
• Strong working knowledge of Excel required
• Strong knowledge of grocery retail business in terms of seasonality, consumer behaviour and product mix
• Diploma in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or equivalent experience is required
• Industry or job related certification is an asset
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6