Data Analyst - 9 Month Contract
Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 30 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Are you passionate about Data Analytics?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Why not join us?
Position: Data Analyst
The DC Data Analyst provides statistical modeling and analysis services to support critical budgetary, operational and strategic planning decisions and engages in supporting Optimization team / Project team in value added activities that generate practical solutions to complex business problems, explores new business alternatives, and drives improvement in business decisions.
Reporting to Optimization & Systems Manager, the DC Optimization & Data Analyst is responsible for creating positive impacts to the organization, and developing the approach and methods to define and solve operational problems through quantitative analysis and analytical models. Responsibility is governed by company objectives and policies. Optimization & Systems Manager and General Manager, DC will provide guidance on special issues.
What you’ll do:
- Uses Operations research, statistics, machine learning, forecasting techniques and structured programming languages to provide on-going analytical services to DC operations and Transportation.
- Builds statistical modeling, forecasting, applications development, and provide DC and Transportation teams support
- Leverages understanding of the business process to identify and implement solutions that will result in significant bottom-line contributions
- Identifies, researches, or solves large complex problems using big data.
- Use Lean Six Sigma DMAIC approach to design analytic plan and develop hypotheses to test. Understands limitations of analysis (what it can and cannot be used for)
- Understands the intuition behind the numbers (i.e. does it make sense?)
- Keeps informed about the latest analytical methods and research
- Communicates results to management and leadership team
- Conducts training on how to use LEAN tools for management and leadership team
- Shows personal commitment to delivering exceptional customer service to those outside and inside the company. Ensure that operation activities meet company-established quality standards and industry benchmark
- Establish, define, formulate and execute cost reduction projects that align with the operational goals and objectives
- Drive the continuous improvement culture, principles and best practices to delivery operational expectations for the Distribution Center
- Drive the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices throughout the organization
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary education from an accredited university or equivalent qualification.
- Experience with mathematical programming or statistical forecasting techniques
- An interest in data – you are able to get the data you need and turn it into a story.
- You know how to convert data into decisions without getting stuck in paralysis by analysis
- You are a self-starter. You drive projects with minimal guidance and focus on high impact work
- Proven understanding and extensive experience implementing and sustaining of LEAN operational practices and tools
- Excellent communication skills coupled with strong training/coaching, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills; and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability in developing and attaining results
- Customer oriented attitude with a strong commitment to safety and quality
- Experience with WMS systems
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and distribution center operations
- Solid team player who promotes a culture of professionalism, integrity, quality and team work
- Strong computer and Analytical skills, proficient in use of MS Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint
- Work is performed in a standard warehouse environment with participation in meetings at the office
- Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities with regular deadlines
- Travel to various Warehouse locations required
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays as business needs
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6