Sr Data Engineer - Azure
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for delivering senior-level innovative, compelling, coherent software solutions for our consumer, internal operations and value chain constituents across a wide variety of enterprise applications through the creation of discrete business services and their supporting components. The job duties and requirements are defined for the backend. The senior role provides technical leadership and mentorship to junior team members. This position ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Develop data engineering framework with cloud native approach.
- Quickly understand the current landscape of data and provide recommendations on building the future data products.
- Establish data pipeline patterns, provide recommendations and tradeoffs.
- Implement data replication, data distribution, data streaming.
- Adhere to data protection requirements including data access, retention, residency and de-identification.
- Develop and maintain data flow and data sharing with internal and external systems.
- Create data validation checks and scripts to ensure high data quality and availability.
- Design and develop secure software in partnership with other engineering teams onshore and offshore.
- Must have experience with development, configuration and deployment on Azure Cloud technologies.
- Experience deploying (DaaS) Data as a service.
- Experience with DevOps concepts, scripting.
- Hands on experience building data engineering solutions using Microsoft Azure stack, including Azure Synapse Analytics, ADLS, Azure Synapse Studio, Azure Data Factory, Azure Event Hub, Azure Databricks, and Power BI.
- Hands-on experience with event streaming with modern event streaming tooling like Kafka is a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience with any enterprise programming language (C#, C++, Scala, Python or Java).
- Experience with any of the reporting tools like Power BI, Tableau, SSRS.
- Experience with NoSQL Databases will be a plus.
- SQL Savvy - must have strong SQL experience.
- S. in Computer Science or B.S. Software Engineering or B.A. in Computer Information Systems or equivalent education or experience.
- Minimum five (5) + plus years of relevant technology job experience.
- Experience with AI/ML concepts, tools and frameworks preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.