Warehouse Forklift Operator- 1st Shift
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fill out forklift checklist with needed information of condition of forklift.
- Examine schedule for the shift of product to be run.
- Make sure correct lot is staged and ready to run.
- Place product on depal so depal operator can fill line prior to start up. (approximately 15 minutes before start up). Examine all bright loads to insure they are squared up before placing on infeed track. Check that plastic wrap is only on one layer of cans.
- Check that line has pallets and boxes to start running.
- Complete a pallet ticket for each pallet of finished product.
- Complete a pallet ticket from each leftover stub. Put one copy of the pallet ticket on the pallet to be returned to the warehouse and include one copy in your paperwork for the day.
- Keep Lakeside pallets separate from truck pallets.
- At the end of the shift return any unused pallets to warehouse.
- Make dumpster available and empty when necessary.
- Remove papers from depal when necessary.
- If your line is down because of defective product, help sort out product.
- If line is down for mechanical reasons and downtime is expected to be minimal, assist in clean up of area.
- If line downtime is substantial, notify supervisor so appropriate work can be found for the entire crew.
- May perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Adhere to all Lakeside Foods policies and procedures.
- Notify supervisor immediately if any unsafe or potentially hazardous conditions are discovered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Education and/or Experience:
- One to two years forklift experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
TEAMWORK AT LAKESIDE (TAL):
- Through individual and team efforts, enthusiastically work toward the continuous improvement of his/her job, work area, department and Lakeside as a whole. Fully participate in TAL by "living" Lakeside's Standards of Conduct and being an active member of operational and project teams. By action and work, clearly and visibly demonstrate the spirit of teamwork, cooperation and respect for others in all business transactions and exchanges.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.