Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is a systems savvy individual with the ability to accurately process large volumes of data as well as someone who seeks to work in a collaborative environment. The AR Specialist is tasked with overseeing billing operations and processes to ensure collection of account balances.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accurate customer set-up and maintenance in operations software and Great Plains, including payment method.
- Process customer payments. Payments are made via credit card, ACH and wire. Prepare the daily check deposit. Record payments in Great Plains.
- Responsible for the daily cash application process, ensuring that all cash receipts are accurately applied to customer accounts and reconciled to daily bank transactions.
- Respond timely and effectively to high volume billing inquiries, billing discrepancies, and/or payment disputes from customers. Identify, address and resolve problems relative to invoice and/or payments with customers in a timely and constructive manner.
- Work cross-functionally with team members at remote locations to gather information to resolve issues identified with customer accounts.
- Communicate with appropriate parties when payment is not received or is declined.
- Prepare daily cash reporting and weekly aging reports and metrics for sales and accounting review.
- Responsible for application of payments on company credit cards to associated transactions in Great Plains.
- Process member trip invoicing including in flight software, verifying the accuracy of billing data received from Client Services. Enter and post sales transactions in general ledger.
- Participate in the month-end GL Close process through preparing and posting journal entry accruals to the ledger.
- Actively participate in establishing and documenting processes and procedures.
- Assist with retrieval of data/support documents in satisfying various external audit requests.
- Assist with sorting, opening, and scanning mail into the Accounts Payable system. Print and mail checks weekly.
- Complete ad hoc projects as requested.
- Demonstrate Jet Linx’s core values and “Supply the High” in all interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of the company and its customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Great Plains (or other accounting) software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete work within assigned timelines under minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative to research and resolve problems
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Operate office equipment as needed
Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma required, Associates degree in Accounting preferred
- 2-5 years of Accounts Receivable experience. A foundation in general accounting is highly desirable.
- Majority of work is completed in a normal office work environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Able to complete physical activities such as standing, sitting, walking, talking, and hearing to perform daily work functions
- Must be able to move up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis