District Maintenance Supervisor
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the assigned Regional Maintenance Manager, ensures maintenance technicians are informed of and following company and regulatory maintenance policies and procedures.
- As necessary, provides support to the base technicians to ensure maintenance of aircraft is being performed properly and in a timely manner for aircraft located at the respective base.
- Provides direction for maintenance technicians by planning and leading the work of aircraft maintenance technicians for their assigned bases.
- With support from the Regional Maintenance Manager, supervises daily work of other aircraft mechanics by planning, assigning, prioritizing, and setting work schedules.
- Ensures maintenance programs are followed during inspection and repair of aircraft by Base Maintenance Technicians.
- Ensures management of maintenance technician labor is upheld.
- Ensure technicians are initiating requisitions for stock and material as required for aircraft.
- Ensuring MEL’s are scheduled for repairs by Base Maintenance personnel or inform Maintenance Control Center to coordinate if Base Maintenance is not capable.
- Participates and/or Coordinates with conformities and will assist as needed, communicates status with Regional Maintenance Manager
- Create Maintenance Projections and Forecast for Budgetary purposes and ensuring the technicians strive to meet budgetary goals.
- Supervise aircraft maintenance technicians for their assigned bases, reviewing employee performance, addressing personnel issues, generating assignments, setting priorities and work schedules, creating maintenance work plans.
- Ensure all aircraft are airworthy, placing the safety of passengers, flight crew and maintenance personnel as priority.
- Complete Aircraft Maintenance Projections for aircraft managed by their assigned base locations on a frequency set by the Regional Maintenance Manager.
- Coordinate or perform aircraft final conformity corrective actions and final inspection with support from the Regional Maintenance Manager.
- Perform regulatory and company audits for assigned bases at a frequency set by the company policy and/or the Regional Maintenance Manager.
- Verify items in the maintenance tracking system for assigned aircraft are being monitored daily, and scheduled appropriately to align with crew days off, other scheduled maintenance events, and other company needs.
- Assist base maintenance personnel with maintaining the company calibrated tool program and material control.
- Ensure adequate training, tools, parts, materials, support equipment, and facilities are available to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance for their assigned bases.
- Responsible for ensuring Technicians, at their assigned bases, are utilizing and updating aircraft maintenance status, maintenance work orders, purchase orders, and digital inventory properly.
- Assist the Regional Maintenance Manager with tracking the time life and scheduled maintenance items on company managed aircraft.
- Assist the Regional Maintenance Manager with ensuring compliance with FAA regulations and manufacturer’s recommendations for all maintenance activities, including implementing inspection standards, methods, and procedures, and maintaining maintenance records.
- Coordinate with the Regional Maintenance Manager for approval of Aircraft Maintenance Training requirements, schedules, and budgets.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service and support as needed.
- Perform Maintenance Technician job duties as needed.
- Ensure labor charges are added to appropriate work plans when billable labor items are performed.
- Assume Regional Maintenance Manager responsibilities for when Regional Maintenance Manager is unavailable.
- Demonstrate Jet Linx’s core values and “Supply the High” in all interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of 14 CFR Part 91 & 135
- Knowledge of Maintenance Tracking Systems, Preferred Traxxall Experience
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude with knowledge of all aspects of aircraft maintenance and manuals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and independent problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of the company and its customers
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to travel to out-of-state sites as needed
Education and Work Experience:
- Must hold a current mechanic certificate with airframe and powerplant (A&P) ratings with:
- A minimum of two years’ experience maintaining 14 CFR Part 135 aircraft certificated airframe repair station, including 1 year in the capacity of approving aircraft for return to service.
- Within the preceding 24 months, that person has had at least six months experience with either inspection, maintenance or return to service of an aircraft or system in accordance with the privileges granted by the license held.
- Move up to 100 pounds on an infrequent basis
- Work indoors and outdoors in varying temperatures and climates
- Medium to heavy work requiring prolonged repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching.