Maintenance Control Operations Manager
The Maintenance Control Operations Manager is responsible for providing day-to-day logistics, organization, monitoring and compliance to ensure the successful, cost effective, timely and safe processing of all unscheduled Jet Linx aircraft maintenance events. The Operations Manager will work to improve workflow, provide focus, direction, and consistent timely communication and coordination with various departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees operational, communciation and workflow systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities of improvement.
- Delivers cost effective, timely and regulatory compliant solutions for each un-scheduled maintenance event for Jet Linx Fleet across the system.
- Maintains the WIP (work in progress) of all unscheduled maintenance from initial submission of MX event to the final completion of event
- Ensuring proactive management and follow up of 3rd party vendors to ensure target completion dates are achieved.
- Delivering a 5-star level service to our Base personnel related to timely and comprehensive updates of maintenance events.
- Anticipates and tracks operational risks and provides strategic solutions.
- Manages all operational aspects of Maintenance Control including productivity, cost, planning, and daily business processes.
- Works closely with the Director of Maintenance on other special planning and departmental projects.
- Oversees and reports daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics.
- Identifies trends and assess opportunities to improve processes and execution.
- Collaborates with other back-office team members to ensure seamless business execution, reinforce positive morale, and uphold company values.
- Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, remove barriers, resolve issues of medium complexity, and escalate to appropriate level when required.
- Establishes and maintains credible, professional relationships with crew, base team members, NOC colleagues, and external vendors.
- Supports training programs, reinforcing tech and operations infrastructure between departments to ensure consistency and quality standards are met.
- Stays up to date on industry regulations, trends, and technology.
- Works closely with management team to ensure all operational, administrative, and compliance functions within Jet Linx are being properly executed in accordance with regulatory-based best practices and Jet Linx GMM.
- Demonstrate Jet Linx’s core values and “Supply the High” in all interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative to research and resolve problems
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Traxxall, CAMP or maintenance specific applications preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of the company and its customers
- Must be able to work weekends and variable shifts as well as occasional overtime
- Must be able to travel for training or other company requirements
- Must be insurable under company insurance requirements
Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience managing a team required
- Aviation maintenance experience preferred
- Majority of work is completed in a normal office work environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Able to complete physical activities such as standing, sitting, walking, talking, and hearing to perform daily work functions
- Must be able to move up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis