Senior DevOps Engineer
ITCON Services is seeking to hire a motivated and knowledgeable Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to multitask effectively and efficiently, be comfortable interfacing both with technical team members and end users. The candidate should be able to produce examples of design and development work for review and consideration.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will work with the Linux team and Web Development team to coordinate and conclude RHEL 7/8 upgrade task for Web applications maintaining or enhancing the deployment process in place. They will develop scripts to do Continuous Integration and Development using Gitlab Pipeline or Jenkins, and access the process in place and implement process improvement and automation and increase efficiency. They will configure and set up Kubernetes infrastructure for existing and new applications and implement best practices keeping security and high availability in minds, and empower and educate the in-house web development team on developing the container infrastructure. They will work with the infrastructure team and security team on applying patches to the container images when applicable, and work on setting up logging and monitoring tools for container specific infrastructure for web-based applications. They will collaborate with development, QA, release engineering, site support, and infrastructure teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as it moves through deployment pipeline, and document all DevOps and Continuous Integration processes. They will be responsible for troubleshooting web site issues knowing the issue can be at any layer; providing appropriate evidence at each layer to isolate the issue, and leading production deployment efforts by creating change requests, deployment and rollback strategy and testing to ensure successful deployments to production environments.
At ITCON, we offer competitive compensation, paid training and development opportunities, healthcare benefits that start on your first day, commuter benefits, work-life balance, and the opportunity to work alongside an amazing and growing team.
This opening is for a full-time salaried position. Applicant must be a permanent resident or citizen of the United States and clearable for Public Trust clearance with the U.S Government.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years in the Information Technology industry
- Demonstrated senior level knowledge in network and desktop operating systems. Strong experience in Linux as well as Windows based infrastructure is required to be successful in this role,
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Web systems architecture, configuration management, access and security controls, and hardware and software installation, maintenance and support,
- Expertise in architecting container-based infrastructure for Web applications like Drupal,
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking layers of a web application to be able to efficiently debug issues at any layer,
- Hands on experience in Gitlab pipeline and auto DevOps tools,
- Experience deploying to AWS/GCP/Azure Kubernetes as service,
- Deployment using Dockerfiles, Helm charts, Bash, or PowerShell scripting,
- Experience with datacenter Kubernetes platforms such as PKS and OpenShift,
- Proven experience in managing high availability web infrastructure,
- Demonstrated experience with open-source technologies and cloud services,
- Demonstrated leadership skill in leading projects; proven experience with time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed,
- Strong knowledge in DNS, CDN and managing certificates,
- Proven experience in working with automation tools like Ansible and proficiency in creating bash scripts,
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with elected officials, senior staff, information systems professionals and non-technical users,
- Knowledge and experience with the following is a plus:
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages as PHP, .NET/.NET Core and
- Experience in databases such as MS SQL, MySQL, SOLR, Redis.
- Self-motivated and thrives in a team environment
- Able to multithread and move multiple projects forward