Drupal Site Builder
ITCON Services is seeking to hire a motivated and knowledgeable Drupal Site Builder to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively and efficiently multitask, be comfortable interfacing both with technical team members and end users. The candidate should be able to produce examples of design work for review and consideration.
The Drupal Site Builder will build out new and redesigned websites within an existing Drupal platform. Tasks will include the migration of websites from older versions of the platform (Drupal 7) to the new platform (Drupal 9), including troubleshooting to ensure the new site performs properly. Tasks will include close coordination with backend development personnel on feature development and installation and configuration activities. The Site Builder will be expected to engage and manage each site build as a small project from requirements gathering through iterations to publication; the ability to deliver timely artifacts and the end product is of critical importance.
At ITCON, we offer competitive compensation, paid training and development opportunities, healthcare benefits that start on your first day, commuter benefits, work-life balance, and the opportunity to work alongside an amazing and growing team.
This opening is for a full-time salaried position. Applicant must be a permanent resident or citizen of the United States and clearable for Public Trust clearance with the U.S Government.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- This is a high volume and high visibility position demanding reliable, timely delivery of high caliber service and work product.
- Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to maintain poise and professionalism with clients of varying roles and technological skill levels.
- At least 2 years experience with Drupal as a Site Builder, Front-End Developer, Backend Developer or equivalent. Experience migrating content in Drupal or other CMS products.
- At least 4 years experience with HTML and CSS. Must be expert in forms. Experience with PHP, js or js libraries a plus.
- Experience working in multiple environments, using appropriate version control and continuous integration tools. Experience with GIT and Jenkins helpful.
- Well-rounded knowledge of web technologies and tools; usage of social media, content management systems and computer systems.
- Proven testing, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills. Experience with 508 Accessibility Standards compliance.
- Fundamental Project Management skills. Ability to work in both Agile and Waterfall. Reliable project reporting. Experience with issue tracking and ticketing systems such as
- Ability to self-organize and work collaboratively with team members. Adaptation to multiple tasks and shifting work objectives.
- Possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- At least 3 years’ experience with Drupal 7 and 3 years’ experience Drupal 8/9 as a Site Builder, Front-End Developer, Backend Developer or equivalent. Experience in migrating Drupal 7 sites to Drupal 8/9 leveraging Drupal migration modules. Experience migrating content to Drupal from other CMS products.
- Thorough understanding of HTML forms and Drupal Webforms absolutely required. Deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, Paragraphs, Panels, etc.
- Must possess excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to troubleshoot Accessibility/508 issues on the web and deliver standards compliant work product. Well-rounded knowledge of web technologies, web development tools, usage of social media, analytics, etc.
- Must have fundamental project management skills, solid experience managing customer expectations on multiple projects, reliable project reporting. Experience with issue tracking and ticketing systems such as JIRA. Experience working with Agile or Scrum.
- Experience training content editors in using Drupal. Demonstrated ability to discover, understand and communicate technical solutions and instructions with customers of varying levels of technical understanding.
- Excellent organization, planning, prioritization skills and attention to detail. Ability to self-organize and work collaboratively with team members. Adaptation to multiple tasks and shifting work objectives.
- Possess a 2-4 year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or the equivalent in applicable education and work experience.