Front End Drupal Developer (Remote)
ITCON Services is seeking to hire a motivated and knowledgeable Front-End Drupal Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively and efficiently multitask, be comfortable interfacing both with technical team members and end-users. The candidate should be able to produce examples of design work for review and consideration.
The Front-End Developer will provide User Interface and User Experience (UI/UX) design and development support to Drupal web development projects. The Front-End Developer will be responsible for both redesigning existing websites and designing new websites, advising on 508-compliant layouts, color schemes, and the incorporation of specific interactive site features to best highlight customers’ content. The Front-End Developer will be expected to design and create comprehensive wireframes and design mockups and will support the subsequent development of associated templates, themes, and custom elements. The Front-End Developer will work closely with the full-stack Drupal development team to implement the design and integrate the front-end code with the functional website.
At ITCON, we offer competitive compensation, paid training and development opportunities, healthcare benefits that start on your first day, commuter benefits, work-life balance, and the opportunity to work alongside an amazing and growing team.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Candidate must be eligible for a Public Trust clearance with the U.S Government.
- This opening is for a full-time salaried position located in the ITCON Services headquarters in Vienna, VA, and eligible for a hybrid working relationship.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Web Design or a related field is highly desirable; ample equivalent work experience will be strongly considered
- The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in web design and development in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Drupal Themer, and 508 compliant knowledge
- 3 + years CSS/HTML5 guru, extensive knowledge of responsive design, and the mobile-first approach
- Proven Drupal 7 and Drupal 8/9 experience in implementing UIs, themes and templates
- Creation and maintenance of Drupal themes using PHP, HTML, CSS, Sass/Compass, Adaptive Theme, Omega, or Bootstrap
- Thorough understanding of Drupal’s theming layer - Twig, PHP template and theme override techniques
- Experience using version control or development tools such as Git, Github, npm, Drush
- Expert Adobe Creative Suite software skills: Photoshop, Illustrator and/or other graphic design and prototyping tools
- Adept at conducting cross-browser and cross-device compatibility testing, following QA procedures
- Possess excellent problem solving and verbal/written communications skills
- Maintain poise and professionalism in all customer and vendor communications (written and verbal)
- Adept at multi-tasking in a fast-paced, high-profile environment
- Ability to evolve skill sets and quickly adopt to new technologies and priorities
- Equally comfortable working on a project team as well as independently
- Excellent organization, planning, prioritizing skills and attention to detail
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience with Drupal (including 7x and 8x) and PHP
- Migration experience from Drupal 7 to 8
- Strong web design and visual presentation abilities as demonstrated through a portfolio of work
- Demonstrated ability to code and troubleshoot HTML and CSS without reliance on WYSIWYG editors
- Expertise in web graphic design tools such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch and Adobe XD
- Solid knowledge of web technologies, web development tools, social media integration and use
- Experience creating Drupal Themes a significant plus
- General knowledge and experience with web content management systems and project tracking software
- General knowledge and experience with version control systems such as Bitbucket
- Flexible and adaptable to new technologies, changing priorities and processes
- Ability to multitask, work as part of a development team, and work independently on projects without extensive supervision
- Experience with issue/change management software (i.e. JIRA)
- Excellent customer communication skills - written and verbal