Front End Drupal Developer
ITCON Services is seeking to hire a motivated and knowledgeable Front-End Drupal Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively and efficiently multitask, be comfortable interfacing both with technical team members and end-users. The candidate should be able to produce examples of design work for review and consideration.
The Front-End Developer will provide User Interface and User Experience (UI/UX) design and development support to Drupal web development projects. The Front-End Developer will be responsible for both redesigning existing websites and designing new websites, advising on 508-compliant layouts, color schemes, and the incorporation of specific interactive site features to best highlight customers’ content. The Front-End Developer will be expected to design and create comprehensive wireframes and design mockups and will support the subsequent development of associated templates, themes, and custom elements. The Front-End Developer will work closely with the full-stack Drupal development team to implement the design and integrate the front-end code with the functional website.
At ITCON, we offer competitive compensation, paid training and development opportunities, healthcare benefits that start on your first day, commuter benefits, work-life balance, and the opportunity to work alongside an amazing and growing team.
This opening is for a full-time salaried position located in the ITCON Services headquarters in Southwest DC, steps away from L’Enfant Plaza metro station. Candidate will be dividing time between client site and ITCON office. Applicant must be eligible for a Public Trust clearance with the U.S Government.
Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Web Design or a related field is highly desirable; ample equivalent work experience will be strongly considered
- The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in web design and development in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Drupal Themer, and 508 compliant knowledge
- 3 + years CSS/HTML5 guru, extensive knowledge of responsive design, and the mobile-first approach
- Proven Drupal 7 and Drupal 8/9 experience in implementing UIs, themes and templates
- Creation and maintenance of Drupal themes using PHP, HTML, CSS, Sass/Compass, Adaptive Theme, Omega, or Bootstrap
- Thorough understanding of Drupal’s theming layer - Twig, PHP template and theme override techniques
- Experience using version control or development tools such as Git, Github, npm, Drush
- Expert Adobe Creative Suite software skills: Photoshop, Illustrator and/or other graphic design and prototyping tools
- Adept at conducting cross-browser and cross-device compatibility testing, following QA procedures
- Possess excellent problem solving and verbal/written communications skills
- Maintain poise and professionalism in all customer and vendor communications (written and verbal)
- Adept at multi-tasking in a fast-paced, high-profile environment
- Ability to evolve skill sets and quickly adopt to new technologies and priorities
- Equally comfortable working on a project team as well as independently
- Excellent organization, planning, prioritizing skills and attention to detail
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience with Drupal (including 7x and 8x) and PHP
- Migration experience from Drupal 7 to 8
- Strong web design and visual presentation abilities as demonstrated through a portfolio of work
- Demonstrated ability to code and troubleshoot HTML and CSS without reliance on WYSIWYG editors
- Expertise in web graphic design tools such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch and Adobe XD
- Solid knowledge of web technologies, web development tools, social media integration and use
- Experience creating Drupal Themes a significant plus
- General knowledge and experience with web content management systems and project tracking software
- General knowledge and experience with version control systems such as Bitbucket
- Flexible and adaptable to new technologies, changing priorities and processes
- Ability to multitask, work as part of a development team, and work independently on projects without extensive supervision
- Experience with issue/change management software (i.e. JIRA)
- Excellent customer communication skills - written and verbal