PMO Project Manager (Hybrid - Tysons Corner, VA)
ITCON Services is seeking to hire a motivated and knowledgeable PMO Project Manager to join our team. The PMO Project Manager will work with multiple teams of developers in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate should be able to multi-thread work in different customer environments.
The PMO Project Manager responsibilities will include:
Champions best project/program management practices.
- Demonstrates an understanding of contract financial management and reporting.
- Participates in the contract intake process to ensure corporate processes are communicated and followed.
- Tracks the health of each contract through program performance briefings.
- Plans and conducts audits and appraisals.
- Maintains standardized, scalable communication paths between Corporate Services, Business Development, and Programs/Business Units.
- Manages processes that cross contract/program and corporate department boundaries.
- Drives continuous process improvement.
- Promotes quality control/assurance awareness and training.
At ITCON, we offer competitive compensation, paid training and development opportunities, healthcare benefits that start on your first day, commuter benefits, work-life balance, and the opportunity to work alongside an amazing and growing team.
Applicant must be a permanent resident or citizen of the United States and clearable for Public Trust clearance with the U.S Government.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience managing projects at a program level or 3+ years of experience managing projects at a program level with an MBA
- Understanding of how PMO operations fit into the organization’s operating model and the value it can bring
- Must have experience in Atlassian products, specifically Jira Service Desk and Jira Advanced Roadmaps
- Ability to manage many parallel projects across the organization, while flexing approach to the needs of individual teams, in a fast-paced, scaling environment
- Experience serving as a liaison between project teams and Finance to meet budgetary and financial reporting requirements
- Experience developing project management curriculum for staff
- Experience mentoring project managers and coordinators
- Ability to communicate and present complex technical concepts and analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert level understanding of SDLC and application development/O&M best practices
- Hands on experience in application development/O&M project management.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and broad knowledge of key technologies
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or scrum master certification
- Project management and financial reporting experience with non-profit organizations
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Adaptability: Ensures effective performance when faced with ambiguity, changing environments and demands
- Ethics: Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works ethically and with integrity and upholds organizational values
- Portfolio management Acumen: Ability to evaluate indicators of programmatic health and progress and translate information into actionable information to drive best results.
- Influencing and Negotiation: Ability to influence at all levels, as well as demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and be assertive in driving successful project management strategies
- Planning and Priority Setting: Demonstrates an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals
- Includes the capacity to both think strategically and execute tactically, embodying a blend of technical, creative, business and communication skills
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings (one-on-one, small and large groups) and with peers and management team members
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Encourages innovation and able to use logic and creativity to solve problems with effective and efficient solutions; and
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners