ITCON Services is seeking to hire a motivated, driven, and technically knowledgeable Project Manager to join our team. The Project Manager will be responsible software application development and/ or O&M contracts, including building and leading development teams, working with analysists, developers, and other project roles to deliver successfully on projects. Project Management tasks will include but are not limited to following management best practices, project planning, understanding customer needs, conducting business analysis, monitoring development/ execution, conducting work-product acceptance, facilitating user acceptance, reporting, and quality assurance of project process flow. In addition, the Project Manager will manage all aspects of project financials.
The Project Manager is expected to work independently, employ effective time management skills to organize and handle multiple highly visible priorities, projects, and products simultaneously. Additional tasks will include advising and instructing project teams on process improvements to promote efficient project delivery and adherence to processes and standards (e.g. PMI and Agile frameworks).
At ITCON, we offer competitive compensation, paid training and development opportunities, healthcare benefits that start on your first day, commuter benefits, work-life balance, and the opportunity to work alongside an amazing and growing team.This opening is for a full-time salaried position located in the ITCON Services headquarters in Southwest DC, steps away from L’Enfant Plaza metro station. Candidate will be dividing time between client site and ITCON office. Applicant must eligible for a Public Trust clearance with the U.S Government.
Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or related field preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- 6+ years in the Information Technology industry
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing IT projects
- Ability to analyze and translate functional business requirements from stakeholders into detailed tasks for Design and Development teams
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong testing skills
- Strong written and oral and communication skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to communicate and present complex technical concepts and analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert level understanding of SDLC and best practices
- Agile practitioner
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Broad knowledge of key Web technologies and Content Management Systems
- Self-motivated and thrives in a team environment
- Able to multithread and move multiple projects forward
- Experience with Federal Government Customers
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Agile certification/ Product Owner certification
- Recruiting experience
- Hands-on experience managing IT project budgets and resources and reporting on financials