Staff Accountant (Hybrid - Tysons Corner, VA)
ITCON has a requirement for a Staff Accontant person in the Vienna, VA area. This is a hybrid role and will need to be in the office 2-3 Days per week. We are looking for someone who is looking for a new challenge in a growing small business. We find those who succeed in this role are highly motivated, flexible individuals, who are organized with attention to detail, quick learner, and thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
The staff accountant is responsible for the financial, administrative and clerical support of a ITCON Services. They are in charge of making payments owed to suppliers and other creditors, paying vendor invoices or bills, assisting with the month end closing (accounts reconciliation) and recording the company’s short-term debts. This department is vital for the smooth functioning of any business entity.
Staff Accountant Essential Skills
- Analytical skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Computation skills
- Leadership abilities
- Written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills
Staff Accountant Roles & Responsibilities
- Post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records
- Provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Maintain meticulous records of outstanding payables
- Ensure the accuracy of an organization’s financial documents for payment, auditing and tax purposes
- Protect businesses against unintentional overpayment
- Practice effective monitoring to ensure payments are made to vendors in a timely manner
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the accounting team and management as needed.
- An understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Management of full cycle accounting within Government Contracting.
- Experience with Excel, along with Unanet or Costpoint a plus
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.