Senior .NET Developer/Architect
ITCON Services is seeking to hire a motivated and knowledgeable Senior .NET Developer/Architect to join our team. The senior developer/architect will actively advise and participate in the architecture and hands-on development of a high-visibility .NET Application being developed from the ground up within the Web Systems infrastructure. The candidate should have extensive hands-on .NET/.NET Core Development experience and be well-versed in SDLC, the complete MS Solutions stack, and application security and containerization including Docker and Kubernetes.
The senior developer/architect will be expected to lead all aspects of design and development of the new application, which is expected to be flexible and scalable. The developer/architect will also be expected to create system documentation and enterprise-level Standard Operating Procedures documents.
Additional duties in support of the project will include:
- Designing, developing, and configuring the application within a containerized (AWS EKS/Azure EKS) environment
- Collaborating with the team to translate requirements and user stories into functional code
- Identifying critical dependencies and solving technical challenges
- Supporting the deployment process including post-deployment review of logs for errors
- Collaborating with other team members to support estimation and requirements finalization efforts
- Defining and developing methods for robust system monitoring and troubleshooting
- Working with other developers for continuous knowledge transfer
- Following all best practices for version control, CI/CD, and development management of the system.
Applicant must be a permanent resident or citizen of the United States and clearable for Public Trust clearance with the U.S Government.
At ITCON, we offer competitive compensation, paid training and development opportunities, healthcare benefits that start on your first day, commuter benefits, work-life balance, and the opportunity to work alongside an amazing and growing team.
This opening is for a full-time salaried position. Once the client office is back to a fully in-person operational status, all work will be expected to be performed at the client site located in Washington DC.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or related field
- 10+ years of experience developing Web Applications
- 8+ years of extensive hands-on experience developing and using the .NET framework leveraging newer technologies like .NET Core
- 2+ years of experience working with containers and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of cloud foundation principles and standards
- Experience with automation and configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Proficiency in Linux/Windows Administration
- Experience with reporting tools provided within the .NET realm
- Knowledge working with object relational mapping framework
- Experience with Visual Studio workflows and web services
- Knowledge and experience with Agile and Test-Driven development methodologies
- Experience integrating Active Directory authentication in the application
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Development experience in Web front-end new technologies like Angular and React
- Working knowledge of Git
- Expert-level SQL knowledge
- Self-starter and ability to work as part of a team