For External Use
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals research their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
We are impact-driven. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
The Program Coordinator will support all aspects of the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program, by engaging with alumni and partners as well as coordinating alumni activities and supporting participant activities. The Program Coordinator provides input and coordination for specific program components including workshops, trainings, and conferences; fostering partnerships with companies and/or organizations, monitoring individual grant recipients, program financial management, evaluation and learning, program design and development, and/or report writing.
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor's degree required; studies in international education, international affairs/development, or related field preferred;
- 2+ years of work experience. Work experience may include internships or part-time jobs, or combination of both. Skills may vary based on program, project, or practice needs
- Strong communication skills to facilitate conversations, build consensus, and foster new and existing partnerships; experience working with advisory boards and diverse teams a plus;
- Experience/interest in, youth leadership, entrepreneurial, and/or workforce development programs
- Experience in adapting and facilitating training and engagement content in-person and virtually
- Experience working with/administering Canvas or other, similar Learning Management System (LMS) platforms to deliver virtual content (preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience with project design and budgeting preferred
- Experience working, studying, volunteering, or living in a cross-cultural context (preferred)
- Excellent intercultural/interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced working environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- Able to work independently and as a team member with consistent ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible
- Excellent computer skills: Excel and other Microsoft Office products; Salesforce or other customer relationship management (CRM) system experience (preferred)
- Comfort using social media tools in a work environment to demonstrate success and impact
- Strong speaking, reading and writing proficiency in Arabic, English, and French
- Availability to travel domestically, as requested, as well as support scheduled program activities on occasional evenings and on weekends
Your Daily Tasks
In coordination with team, actively engage with Alumni, plan and implement alumni activities, and engage with program partners. Coordinate logistics for program activities, which may include event planning, travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, etc. Draft internal/external reports, presentations, and other products. Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities including data management and analysis if assigned. Contribute to program internal and external communication, including the management of email inboxes, program communication tools (newsletters) and social media efforts.
Specific tasks for assigned role include:
- Coordinate portfolio of relationships and outreach with alumni, advisory boards, and partner institutions, including private, non-profit, and government partners, and vendors.
- Work with the program team to plan and implement program events, including networking events, trainings/workshops, strategic meetings, and grant monitoring Coordinate the selection, management, and monitoring of individual grant recipients.
- Contribute to the development and coordination of holistic youth leadership programming, including development of online and in-person learning materials and toolkits.
- Contribute to project monitoring and evaluation, including data collection, analysis, and/or reporting.
- Contribute to program outreach and engagement activities.
- Compile and track a wide range of project data, maintaining accuracy and completeness
- Provide high-level support to individual clients and client associations and partner institutions.
- Domestic travel to partners and beneficiaries may be possible, as appropriate.
- Contribute to program administrative and financial management.
- Other programmatic and administrative duties as needed.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings.
This position may be eligible for Telework.
Incumbent must be legally eligible to work in Tunisia; this position is ineligible for visa sponsorship.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements with your application. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
This position is contingent on funding.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled