Manufacturing Production Assistant
Manufacturing Production Assistant
Polyvinyl Films, Inc.
Weekday Shifts Available (8 hour shifts)
- Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., and 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Thursday afternoon 1pm-7pm and Friday, Saturday and Sunday 7am-7pm
Weekend Shifts Available (12 hour shifts)
- 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
We are currently seeking full-time Manufacturing Production Assistants to support the production line at our manufacturing facility in Sutton, MA. Reporting directly to the Foreman/Assistant Foreman, the Manufacturing Production Assistant will provide support to the production line in a number of key areas including troubleshooting and resolving mechanical issues and identifying and correcting quality concerns.
This is a hands-on position with on the job training available and opportunities for career growth and development. We are looking for individuals with a positive attitude and willingness to learn and work in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Assist the production line with overall workflow and processes
- Identify, address and correct any mechanical related issues with production related machinery
- Inspect film product and report any quality related issues
- Ensure safety protocols are being followed and report any safety hazards or concerns
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; trade school experience a plus
- Previous experience in a plant/manufacturing environment; extrusion experience a plus
- Production-oriented with a strong mechanical aptitude to problem solve issues
- Basic math skills including the ability to add, subtract and use a tape measure
- Experience with production winders, extruders, rotators, granulators, vacuum systems a plus
- Must be able to read written/oral instructions including safety rules/operating procedures
- Good communication skills and the ability to get along well with others
- Team-player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time, bend, climb, squat, reach, pull, push and lift items that weigh anywhere from 25-50+ pounds
About Polyvinyl Films, Inc.
Polyvinyl Films, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of world-class food-grade films products for consumer, retail and food-service markets. We’ve been committed to exceeding expectations through superior quality products and outstanding customer service since 1953. Whether for applications in consumer, professional or institutional environments, Polyvinyl Films, Inc. stands out in quality, productivity and reliability.
Polyvinyl Films, Inc. believes in rewarding its employees for their hard work and contributions to the team. Full-time employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, profit-sharing, and opportunities for training and career advancement.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Polyvinyl Films is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Polyvinyl Films discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.