Polyvinyl Films, Inc.
- Monday through Friday, 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. or 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., OR Saturdays and Sundays 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Polyvinyl Films, Inc. is currently seeking an Extruder Operator, responsible for ensuring smooth operation of extruder machines and the overall quality of materials
This is a hands-on position with on the job training available and opportunities for career growth and development. We are looking for individuals with a positive attitude and willingness to learn and work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. We are dedicated to our employees providing a work environment built on respect, support, and teamwork.
Extruder Operator Education, Experience, and Skills
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; trade school experience a plus
- Previous experience with extruder equipment in a production environment preferred
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced team environment and adapt to change
- Good math and mechanical skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to read written/oral instructions including safety rules/operating procedures
- Good communication skills and the ability to get along well with others
- Team-player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time, bend, climb, squat, reach, pull, push and lift items that weigh anywhere from 25-50+ pounds
Polyvinyl Films, Inc. believes in rewarding its employees for their hard work and contributions to the team. Full-time employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, profit-sharing, and opportunities for training and career advancement.
Extruder Operator Job Responsibilities
- Continual monitoring of temperatures and speeds for multiple extruders
- Filtration changes as needed; monitor materials feed from another floor into extruders
- Assist/lead with the disassembly/assembly of dies for cleaning and changing of gaskets
- Work as a team with respect to continued flow of material to production winders on another floor while keeping accumulated scrap to a minimum
- Daily check of oil and water levels and adjust as needed; record in real time
- Ongoing cleaning and vacuuming of extruders and all other machine works involved in the extruder room including the operation of the injection molder
About Polyvinyl Films, Inc.
Polyvinyl Films, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of world-class food-grade films products for consumer, retail and food-service markets. We’ve been committed to exceeding expectations through superior quality products and outstanding customer service since 1953. Whether for applications in consumer, professional or institutional environments, Polyvinyl Films, Inc. stands out in quality, productivity and reliability.
Polyvinyl Films, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.