Due to the continuing growth and strategic development of Ingram Micro in Europe, we are looking for a VAT Manager to be based in The Netherlands (Utrecht), Germany (Munich) or Bulgaria (Sofia). The VAT Manager will handle the overall VAT responsibilities of Ingram Micro Pan Europe GmbH which is the main central purchasing organization of the Ingram Micro Group. The company is established in Germany and as a result of its activities maintains VAT registrations in a number of other European countries. The Manager will be responsible for the VAT compliance and reporting of Ingram Micro Pan Europe GmbH and will be the main contact person for the finance, sales and IT teams of Ingram Micro Pan Europe GmbH for ad hoc questions relating to VAT impact of cross border supply chains and associated IT solutions. In a pro-active way the Manager will support the business in determining the correct VAT treatment for proposed transactions, provide recommendations and identify risks when new markets are developed, new product / service lines are introduced or regulatory changes occur. The Manager will initiate further automation of the compliance process and will work closely with the Sofia based VAT compliance team which is responsible for most of the VAT requirements of the other Ingram Micro Group companies in Europe. He or she is a member of the EMEA tax team with a dotted line reporting to the CFO of Ingram Micro Pan Europe GmbH. The Manager will need be a self-starter who works in an independent manner with limited oversight but will have close interactions with the business operations and IT teams, as well was with Finance and Compliance departments.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Identification and evaluation of tax risks as well as opportunities regarding respective VAT issues and specific supply chains;
- Answer and advise on ad hoc VAT questions from business, finance and IT teams;
- VAT filing and management of VAT affairs, including Intrastat filings, in all EMEA countries where Ingram Micro Pan Europe GmbH operates;
- Ensure timely VAT payments and follow up on VAT refunds;
- Keep track on VAT developments, update the organization accordingly and support with relevant changes;
- Initiate and implement VAT automation for Ingram Micro Pan Europe in close co-operation with the VAT compliance team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- In consultation with IT ensure further standardization, automation and continuous improvement of VAT compliance;
- Support VAT audits and communicate with local tax authorities;
- Provide VAT training to business.
- Education in a relevant field (bachelor or master) and 4+ years of experience in a VAT compliance practice as VAT consultant or in house VAT Compliance Specialist;
- Good understanding of EU VAT rules;
- Proficient user of Excel and other MS applications;
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP and Oracle is a plus, with a keen interest in VAT automation;
- Understands AP/AR, Master Data etc.;
- Good communication skills in English and ideally German both written and verbal is essential;
- Pro-active and able to work independent;
- Good research and analytical skills.