Sr GL Accountant-NLD
Senior GL Accountant NL
Finance Department (Utrecht, NL)
The Senior General Ledger Accountant role is to deliver more effectively support to the Dutch organization, to secure visibility of cost structures, to ensure the correct accounting from the payroll and from the marketing project administration. The Accountant will also help to ensure best in class compliance and control.
The success is dependent on the ability to work effectively and collaboratively across the company with all functions, and to put the needs of the company and the customer first.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the local Payroll. Perform an accounting review on completeness and correctness of the payroll mutations before submission to the payroll provider and perform the GL accounting entries before fiscal month end
- Manage the Marketing business model/contribution margin. Defining the management and control of the contribution margins of the territories together with the management. Prepare the reports and point out areas with problems
- Ensure clear, concise, timely and accurate marketing administrative process, and the related marketing project management
- Owner of the local Balance Sheet. Review reconciliations and account analysis performed by the Shared Service Center. Host the Balance Sheet review performed by corporate reviewers.
- Business partner role from local policy perspective (for example Werkkostenregeling) and ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines.
- Manage the relationship with the Shared Service Center and ensure that accruals, reserves and other liabilities related to various key accounts are properly calculated and accounted for based on US GAAP.
- Manage local added value operational activities like VAT declarations, WEEE reporting, support local audits
- Secure visibility of cost structure and the effects of the outcome, drive management decisions to improve cost structure and control to best in class.
- Interact with the internal customers: Marketing Manager, Marketeers, Country managers, other functional managers and the shared service center in Bulgaria. Act as their business partner; understanding their needs and requirements and prioritize accordingly
- Assist the Manager Accounting Benelux and Financial Controller Benelux in ad hoc projects
- Ability to work without appreciable direction on assigned projects/programs and day- to-day operations.
- Ability to provide input to other organizations in the development of new procedures or enhancement of current processes.
- Ability to provide feedback to group of experienced individuals on performance improvement. Monitors performance improvement plans as necessary.
Problem Solving/Judgment and Decision Making:
- Works on complex problems where analysis and/or situations require in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and evaluation of criteria for obtaining resolutions.
- Must be able to anticipate future events and situations that are likely to affect the business model and direction. Must be able to establish a plan to handle these events and situations so that they do not negatively impact cost and the business model.
- You regularly provide information, assistance, and recommendations, which are, used in the management decision-making processes. Erroneous decisions have serious impact on company profitability and may jeopardize overall success of the business.
- You must be able to analyze certain situations and make decisions following broadly defined practices and policies.
- The Senior GL Accountant reports directly to the Manager Accounting in Bulgaria and dotted line to Finance Project Manager Benelux in The Netherlands.
Education and related experience
- 3+ years accounting experience
- Experience in identical roles is considered as advantage
- A bachelor, or master level degree, preferably finance and/or accounting
- Multinational, IT industry experience
- Knowledge of Excel to advanced level
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with US GAAP and SOX
- Knowledge of SAP is a pro
- Fluent in Dutch and English (oral and written)
The candidate should be:
- Ability to work on stress and able to make deadlines
- Team player
- Service Minded
- Combines helicopter view with detail
- Proactive, dynamic and autonomous professional
- Methodical, disciplined and structured and ethical
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic and a good communicator
- Drive for problem solving
- Comfortable with and willing to adapt in a growth environment
If you enjoy working with knowledgeable, success-oriented people, for a company that both challenges and respects its professionals, and you've got what it takes to be a great Senior GL Accountant, then apply today