Business Manager Microsoft Cloud
Job Title:Business Manager, Microsoft Cloud
Reports to:Head of Vendor & Marketing Operations, Cloud
Valid as of:Apr 1st, 2020
Ingram Micro is changing how business is done in the cloud. Ingram Micro Cloud is a master cloud service provider (mCSP), offering channel partners and professionals access to a global marketplace, expertise, solutions and enablement programs that empower organizations to configure, provision and manage cloud technologies with confidence and ease.
The Business Manager, Microsoft Cloud has overall responsibility for achieving the sales and profit targets for all Microsoft cloud related products and creating the highest return for both Ingram Micro Cloud and the vendor. This role will be accountable for the engagement with Microsoft and the day-to-day and strategic operations of the vendor portfolio, including the management of our Microsoft’s cloud offering (e.g. Azure, Modern Workplace, Dynamics), budgeting and planning, and implementation of Microsoft partner programs, partner go-to-market plans and incentive channel programs (e.g. Accelerate or SureStep), liaising with Ingram Micro Cloud’s Microsoft European and Global teams. Of specific responsibility, is the maintenance, renewal and application of the terms and conditions, and beneficial outcomes of the contract with Microsoft including co-op dollars, special partner pricing and promo collections.
Reporting to the Head of Vendor & Marketing Operations, Cloud, the Business Manager, Microsoft Cloud will work with the local vendor and digital marketing teams to promote both Ingram Micro Cloud and Microsoft’s events, webinars and supplier approved activities for partners. She/he will define and promote Ingram Micro Cloud and Microsoft value proposition and programs internally to our cloud business development managers and sales specialists to help drive revenue, opportunities and partner recruitment. She/he will own the coordination of Microsoft’s SureStep and other investments and resources to accelerate partner recruitment and time to revenue.
- Interacts regularly and conducts meetings with all levels of Microsoft, ensuring business relations are of the highest order, and engagement is proactive so that performance is monitored, and new initiatives can be introduced
- Be the advocate and leader for the relevant vendor products and services in Ingram Micro and be the advocate and leader for Ingram Micro within the Microsoft community
- Daily management of Microsoft cloud products and services including budgeting and annual business plans, portfolio selection, price lists and margin, T&C's negotiation, vendor escalations in regard to receivables and rebates
- Implementation of business plans that achieve agreed vendor revenue targets and generate the planned profit outcomes.
- Provides direction, development and support to ensure the sales team is performing at optimum levels for the relevant product groups. This will require a close working relationship with the cloud sales and pre-sales teams in coordination with the Cloud Leader or Sales Director
- Measurement and maintenance of critical product group performance data in order to ensure that Ingram Micro meets its Microsoft commitments and fully leverages all commercial opportunities for rebates and other vendor investment initiatives
- Development and implementation of sales enablement programs for Ingram Micro Cloud and partners working closely with the Cloud Operations leader and sales teams; e.g. Accelerate program or relevant campaigns and promotions to maximize profitability
- Enable sales for resellers and local sales teams, queries and incidents, support new cloud Microsoft SKUs, offers and associated products/services in CMP; resolving transaction issues with vendor, maintain pricing, and assisting with improvements
- Ad-hoc operational updates relating to vendor (i.e. cut off dates for month/ quarter end), assist on AP issues including orders on hold and payment authorizations
- Other duties and projects as assigned by manager
Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant additional experience in related field.
- 5+ years of product management or vendor relationship experience required
- 2+ years of cloud solutions (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) or software preferred.
- 2+ years of experience managing a global vendor relationship (from a business perspective, or otherwise) preferred
Key Skills and attributes:
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft’s cloud offering, go-to-market programs and licensing models
- Excellent project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to consistently prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate with executive level associates internally and externally in an articulate and professional manner.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-function, high-pressure environment
- Attention to details, time management skills, organizational skills
- Ability to understand, create and manipulate financial data and budgeting spreadsheets