Cloud Data Scientist
Be at the forefront in using data to drive sustainable sales and growth. Find value and uncover hidden insights in data that others can’t to drive efficiency and effectiveness in our sales engine. We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support Ingram’s growing Cloud business, building the framework to track performance and drive data-driven business decisions that will attain and retain our partners and grow their accounts.
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
What we are looking for
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist (individual contributor), to develop applied statistical, machine learning, and economic models to address real-world complex business problems in the Cloud technology space. You will be a key resource for Ingram’s Global Cloud Business Unit; a go-to analytic scientist for senior executives, while staying tightly connected to a global team of Ph.D. and Master’s level scientists. The candidate will be on the frontline, converting requirements from executive level, finance, sales, and marketing Cloud stakeholders into data driven action-oriented insights and recommendations. The ideal candidate will have strong analytic skills and the ability to effectively communicate analysis and recommendations to a non-technical audience.
Responsibilities of Data Scientist
- Work with our Global customer success team to prioritize efforts on our partner accounts that maximize customer retention (reduce churn), engagement (cross sell opportunities) and lifetime revenue (loyalty).
- Work with Global sales and marketing to identify emerging trends and propensity to buy, driving sales productivity and effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Optimize go-to-market strategies for different regions/countries, comparing performance and identifying areas of focus
- Use predictive modeling to optimize customer experiences and sentiment by quantitatively identifying unmet needs that allow Ingram Cloud to differentiate our value
- Develop KPIs/Metrics to monitor and analyze performance at regional/country/product level to maximize profitability, growth and the lifetime value of our partners
- 5+ years of quantitative experience (industry, consulting, government, academics, or post-doc work)
- Ability to apply insights to high impact business opportunities with immediate and long-term relevance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; the ability to engage with non-technical partners
- Perform statistics and econometric analysis on large granular transaction level data sets
- Develop causal models to derive insights about market behavior
- Build predictive models to forecast upstream and downstream market activities
- Experience developing and implementing demand models
- Design and execute field experiments to draw insights from market behavior
- Experience with machine learning models
- Be familiar with and use a range of modeling techniques such as time series modeling, linear and non-linear regression, SVM, feature extraction, clustering, tree-based models, numerical optimization (linear and nonlinear) with constraints, experimental design, neural network, text mining on structured and unstructured data, sentiment analysis
- Ability to work independently and in a highly engaged team environment
- Experience cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing large granular data from varied sources, including complex relational databases
- Masters (PhD or ABD) in Stats, Operations Research, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Economics (applied micro, applied econometrics, empirical IO, labor, finance, behavioral), or related technical field
- Experience with tools such as Python, R, SQL, SAS, Matlab, or STATA
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.