Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue (2019), we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
We operate in geographical areas, led by a Group President who receives support from global Business Unit leaders for each line of business like CLS (Commerce & Lifecycle services) and Cloud, and global functional leaders (like HR, Finance, Legal and Information Systems). Each Country Chief Executive (CCE) is accountable for the full P&L in the country.
In China, our main headquarters is in Shanghai, where you will be based out of.
In this full-time job of Pricing Consultant, you will report directly into Sandeep Wyawahare, our Manager, Business Intelligence & Pricing and indirectly to Raymond Lim, our General Manager, Business Operations China.
What will you do?
- Linear/logistic regression, Clustering, Decision and model Trees
- ANOVA Model
- Price optimization, price elasticity/demand modeling
· Work closely with the project manager to communicate project eta, status, modeling outputs, and client communication needs.
· Understand and adopt Pricing & Business Intelligence Center strategy, methodology and tools to collaborate with China’s Product Management team in determining local pricing strategies and models.
· Use these strategies, methodologies and tools to enhance and increase China's key financial index such as Margins and Resellers’ share of wallet with Ingram Micro.
· Effectively listen, communicate, recommend, and present data analytic solutions to internal and external clients. This includes over the phone and in person presentations with PowerPoint and other media sources.
What experience / competencies do you bring?
- Formal education or training required such as degrees, courses of study, certification:
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a quantitative field such as: Statistics, Operations Research, Econometrics or Applied Mathematics
- MS degree with at least 3 years’ experience of consulting experience in pricing or pricing consulting
- Understand client’s objectives and translate business need into the pricing strategies. Knowledge of basic statistics such as standard deviation, mean. Awareness of Machine learning and data mining and the ability to speak to its uses
- Experience in analyzing large data sets, identifying trends and patterns preferred.
- Synthesize findings, develop recommendations and communicate results to clients and internal teams
- Experience with cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing data from varied sources.
- Intermediate experience using SQL queries for standard as well as ad hoc data mining purposes. With specializations in at least one of the following: database design, architecture and/or data integration.
- Ability to communicate a clear and persuasive argument to high level Executives around Pricing Strategy and Operations
- Ability to independently lead and own projects on cross functional teams.
- Subject matter expertise in at least 2 of the following: price optimization, price elasticity and customer segmentation
What’s in it for you?
You will get a great opportunity to drive the success of our China organization, to further grow our business. This job encourages entrepreneurial behavior, to collectively with the collaboration of the business try innovative approaches and empirically measure success all the time fine tuning ideas for a better ROI. We provide a fun, professional, and challenging international business setting. Finally, you will get the chance to become part of the world's leading Technology Solutions provider in the world.
We will support you in your professional and personal development, by providing you with access to LinkedIn Learning and many high-quality training courses to increase your knowledge and expertise.
We are a large organization with many national and international career opportunities, meaning we can provide you with great career opportunities for years to come, with you in the driver seat.
- Analysis and Reporting - Pull data from multiple sources. Understand client’s data objectives and translate business need into the appropriate technical data model. Run data models and review data output to ensure the model is accurate along with translating the trends and output of the data model. Be familiar with and use consistently at least two of the following modeling techniques: