Director, Data Science
Infoblox is looking for a Director, Data Science to join our Data Science team in Tacoma, WA. We are looking for an innovative and dynamic leader to manage our Data Science strategy. In this new position, you will have an opportunity to establish the vision and drive the execution of the roadmap for data science in partnerships with product management and technical leaders across the company.
The ideal candidate has strategic planning experience and the ability to help data scientists convert complex data problems into a series of concrete, value-added deliverables for customers. You will separate “interesting” from “useful,” create a strategic vision from that and collaborate across organizational boundaries to achieve it. Your data analysis experience, feature engineering, and building analytic models will ensure we are using best-in-class techniques and methodologies, while your leadership experience will help realize those techniques.
- Lead a team of data scientists and data engineers in using data science, machine learning, and deep learning to drive product innovations, customer and SaaS service operational insights
- Identify, evaluate, propose and drive the opportunities on new use cases as well as valuable insights, advanced modeling techniques, and capabilities for solving critical business issues and delivering significant business value
- Represent data science and data engineering teams with customers during requirements gathering, data flow, use case design, and implementation will enable successful business outcomes for machine learning use cases
- Actively drive the major AI work streams, including Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Statistical modeling, and the initiatives on AI
- Drive the building and continuously enhance the data science framework for maximizing the efficiency of model building, for optimized performances, as well as the fully covered automation
- Partner and collaborate with Product management, architecture, and engineering to deliver and demonstrate world-class data science products and for guiding the customers on adopting the cutting-edge AI concepts and logic
- 10+ years of leadership experience in data science and analytics, and have managed a team of high performing data scientists and analysts
- Experience with statistics and analytical modeling, time-series data analysis, forecasting modeling, machine learning algorithms, and deep learning approaches and frameworks
- Proven track record of delivering robust, scale, and quality data analytical applications in a cloud environment
- Expertise in streaming analytics frameworks such as Apache Spark, Storm, MOA, and WekA
- Strong knowledge on the big data techniques, distributed data processing, message queues, high-performance databases, and massive parallel processing and micro-batch processing engines such as Apache Spark
- Extensive experience with data engineering tools, languages, and frameworks for the mining, cleansing, and exploration of data
- Experience working with customers and in the software engineering process for delivering large scale and quality applications
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in DDI, Networking, and Security protocols
- PhD or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team—our future looks bright, and so will yours. To check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer, click here.