Smarter Thinking. Real Results. Technology consulting has been our story for over 14 years. Companies from all industries partner with us for our innovative mindset to help them digitally transform to create market advantages, become resilient, and prepare for what’s next. With us, the possible becomes actual.
We provide strategic and innovative consulting services focused on digital experiences, engineering, automation, data and analytics, and salesforce solutions. Saggezza consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. We are chartered to do one thing, and one thing only – to bring enabling technology to our clients that allow them to move their business forward.
The Saggezza UX Designer is qualified, passionate and energetic about UX Design with the ability to lead through solid experience while enjoying symbiotic growth from peers. The right candidate should be passionate about design thinking, human-centered design, usability and accessibility.
Are you passionate about UX Design? Do you have a constant curiosity about how people make decisions, think and act? Do you want to fast-track your career at an established IT firm and have the opportunity to work as a consultant for a large client? If you answered yes to any of these, then we have the job for you. Saggezza is looking for a full-time UX Designer to join our Chicago team. If and when restrictions are lifted, this individual must be comfortable with traveling nationwide to client sites when required, and comfortable working directly on-site with clients.
This role requires someone who has a proven ability to work collaboratively in a small UX team.
Every project will be different, but you’ll always be responsible for:
- Collaborating with UX team to develop user interface designs and solve UX issues
- Assisting in the creation of user-centered designs from user research, stakeholder feedback, product requirements, and usability principles
- Working collaboratively alongside developers and designers in an Agile environment/workflow
- Support multiple projects simultaneously while meeting key deadlines
- Partner with UX lead, other UX designers, developers, and data team members
- Communicating design ideas with the implementation team(s) and stakeholders
What You Will Definitely Need:
- Degree or an ongoing degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Visual Communication, User Experience Design, Industrial Design or similar field
- Minimum 1 year of professional UX Design experience which includes contributing to some design/delivery of client-facing projects post-training/school /internships
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, presentation and collaboration written and verbal skills
- Strong ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to document process and progress
- Ability to prioritize needs across multiple projects
- Experience in working with development teams in an Agile environment
- Working with UX Researchers and UX Designers to develop and iterate user interface designs based on research
- Experience with HTML and CSS 3
- Experience with design tools, including Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Invision, or other similar design and rapid prototyping tools
- Understanding of fundamental design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, composition), prototyping, and wireframing
- Attention to detail
- Experience designing for desktop, mobile, and other screens
- Desire to work hands-on for an innovative project from start to finish with the ability to recognize business goals and technical constraints
- Capable of understanding how design contributes to a broader goal
- Should be able to showcase their work via a digital portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design process and problem-solving skills
What We Would Love to See:
- Familiarity with Bootstrap 5 & Flexbox a plus
- Experience with design systems
- Experience with data visualization
- Familiarity with project management tools
Don’t tick all the boxes? Don’t worry about it: we still want to hear from you if you think you’re the right person for the job.
Why Join Our Team:
- Diverse culture, experiences, and skills.
- Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
- We are not hierarchical but operate as a flat surface where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated and innovation is encouraged.
- At Saggezza, we are fortunate to have a strong mentorship program that provides every one of our employees the ability to thrive professionally and personally.
- We are only as good as our people. Saggezza, Italian for wisdom, is rooted from the perspective that knowledge is power. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of software development.
- We welcome innovators with entrepreneurial spirits to grow with our team.
- Consulting Magazine - Fastest Growing Firms 2019
- Built-In Top Places to Work in Chicago 2020
- Best and Brightest Companies in the Nation 2019 and 2020, Best and Brightest Companies in Milwaukee 2020 and Best and Brightest Companies in Chicago 2020
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.